-   -   some space saving (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-desktop/173141-some-space-saving.html)

Jeroen van Meeuwen 10-08-2008 10:46 PM

some space saving

Matthias Clasen wrote:

Here is a patch that adds

-gnome-games
-yelp
-gimp-help-browser

to the desktop spin kickstart file. With todays rawhide, it brings the
size down to 715M. Hopefully, with tomorrows rawhide (which actually has
a split off gimp-help-browser), it'll be much closer to 700.

I would have pushed this to the spin-kickstarts repo, but git gives me
an error. Can someone else please push this ?

What error did you get? Maybe I can help you resolve the actual issue.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip

Matthias Clasen 10-08-2008 10:58 PM

some space saving

On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 00:46 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > Here is a patch that adds
> >
> > -gnome-games
> > -yelp
> > -gimp-help-browser
> >
> > to the desktop spin kickstart file. With todays rawhide, it brings the
> > size down to 715M. Hopefully, with tomorrows rawhide (which actually has
> > a split off gimp-help-browser), it'll be much closer to 700.
> >
> > I would have pushed this to the spin-kickstarts repo, but git gives me
> > an error. Can someone else please push this ?
> >

> What error did you get? Maybe I can help you resolve the actual issue.

It has been fixed now. Some permission mess up in the repo.

Jesse Keating 10-08-2008 11:09 PM

some space saving

> I would have pushed this to the spin-kickstarts repo, but git gives me
> an error. Can someone else please push this ?

I pushed it, and did a compose with it:

http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/development-live/Live/i686/

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedomē is a feature!

Jeroen van Meeuwen 10-08-2008 11:24 PM

some space saving

Matthias Clasen wrote:

to the desktop spin kickstart file. With todays rawhide, it brings the
size down to 715M. Hopefully, with tomorrows rawhide (which actually has
a split off gimp-help-browser), it'll be much closer to 700.

I would have pushed this to the spin-kickstarts repo, but git gives me
an error. Can someone else please push this ?

What error did you get? Maybe I can help you resolve the actual issue.

It has been fixed now. Some permission mess up in the repo.

Was it F-10-Beta branch related by any chance? I've had
refs/heads/F-10-Beta set to read-only as to freeze the branch. Should
you have had any pending commits on that branch, that you had not yet
pushed, git would error out with permission denied trying to write to
the refs/heads/F-10-Beta file...

Please let me know so I know whether setting head files to read-only is
a viable solution to freeze a branch.

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip

Jesse Keating 10-08-2008 11:51 PM

some space saving

On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 01:24 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> Please let me know so I know whether setting head files to read-only is
> a viable solution to freeze a branch.

The problem was that ricky misread your request and locked down the
entire repo, rather than just the branch. He reverted it so that just
the branch is locked down.