Old 10-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Axel Thimm

Default (globally) customizing the (gnome) desktop

Hi,

probably not fedora-specific, but I'd like to deploy Fedora with some
local modifications to the default account setup. These would be

o keyboard indicator in the panel with specific predefined keyboard
layouts
o some more icons like the home Folder
o a default background (unless the user has already chosen one)
o turning the system off instead of loging out when pressing the power
button
o Make Ctrl-Alt-Del give a logout screen like many people are used
from another OS
o activating compiz by default (but allowing the user to turn it off)
o and maybe some more I forget about now

I hope I can somehow control this by some magic under /etc/gconf. I
understand that there is a way to mark some gconf entries as default
values that the user can still override. But the problem would be what
values these are. Could someone show me the direction? Thanks!
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Old 10-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Jesse Keating