Old 10-09-2008, 12:46 AM
Jesse Keating

Default Nightly attempts of live image creation

at http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/development-live/Live/i686/

> - full list of packages with sizes

We have this, just not sorted in a good way just yet. That'll be easy
to fix.

> - lists of new/removed packages compared to the beta/last snapshot

That is there now, for both beta and the last day's attempt.

> - list of size changes for all packages (including shrinkage) compare to
> last snapshot.

There.

> This list would imo be more useful, if the size change
> was given in absolute terms and the list were sorted by size change. The
> relative change you are showing now is not really helpful in finding the
> big offenders, since 50% of a tiny package is still irrelevant.

The growth and shrinkage are sorted by the absolute amount of growth or
shrinkage. The adds and removals are sorted by the size of the package.

Hoping this helps!

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!

Old 10-09-2008, 01:28 AM
Matthias Clasen

> On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 11:18 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>
> at http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/development-live/Live/i686/
>
> > - full list of packages with sizes
>
> We have this, just not sorted in a good way just yet. That'll be easy
> to fix.
>
> > - lists of new/removed packages compared to the beta/last snapshot
>
> That is there now, for both beta and the last day's attempt.
>
> > - list of size changes for all packages (including shrinkage) compare to
> > last snapshot.
>
> There.
>
> > This list would imo be more useful, if the size change
> > was given in absolute terms and the list were sorted by size change. The
> > relative change you are showing now is not really helpful in finding the
> > big offenders, since 50% of a tiny package is still irrelevant.
>
> The growth and shrinkage are sorted by the absolute amount of growth or
> shrinkage. The adds and removals are sorted by the size of the package.
>
> Hoping this helps!

Very nice, thanks Jesse. Of course, the next step is that we need a
script to do a similar comparison for the files in an individual
package. Or does some rpmutils package already ship such a tool ?

Old 10-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Jesse Keating

> Very nice, thanks Jesse. Of course, the next step is that we need a
> script to do a similar comparison for the files in an individual
> package. Or does some rpmutils package already ship such a tool ?

Hrm, I don't think so, but we should ask around.