-   -   Fedora 10 Release Notes - Desktop (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-desktop/171995-fedora-10-release-notes-desktop.html)

Rahul Sundaram 10-07-2008 06:02 AM

Fedora 10 Release Notes - Desktop

Hi,

I have started filling in as many details as I could in

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/Desktop

Make sure all the important changes on the desktop for this release is
well documented. Thanks.

Rahul

Matthias Clasen 10-07-2008 01:46 PM

Fedora 10 Release Notes - Desktop

> Hi,
>
> I have started filling in as many details as I could in
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/Desktop
>
> Make sure all the important changes on the desktop for this release is
> well documented. Thanks.

Thanks for doing that, Rahul. I'm not sure plymouth is _really_ a
desktop feature, though.

Rahul Sundaram 10-07-2008 01:52 PM

Matthias Clasen wrote:

I have started filling in as many details as I could in

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/Desktop

Make sure all the important changes on the desktop for this release is
well documented. Thanks.

Thanks for doing that, Rahul. I'm not sure plymouth is _really_ a
desktop feature, though.

I have been treating the "desktop beat" as I kind of all things
graphical beat for the past several releases and that has generally
worked out well. If the content is complete and accurate (which is what
I am aiming for), it can be moved around pretty easy. If you want to put
in a different bucket, feel free to do that. I am not sure whether NM
belongs so the system daemons beat or desktop beat either.

Rahul

Nicu Buculei 10-07-2008 02:21 PM

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Matthias Clasen wrote:

I have started filling in as many details as I could in

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/Desktop

Make sure all the important changes on the desktop for this release
is well documented. Thanks.

Thanks for doing that, Rahul. I'm not sure plymouth is _really_ a
desktop feature, though.

It may not be, but generally is *perceived* as such so it definitely
helps to be mentioned in the Desktop context.

I have been treating the "desktop beat" as I kind of all things
graphical beat for the past several releases and that has generally
worked out well. If the content is complete and accurate (which is what
I am aiming for), it can be moved around pretty easy. If you want to put
in a different bucket, feel free to do that. I am not sure whether NM
belongs so the system daemons beat or desktop beat either.

I think NM may be another case where having it listed under Desktop will
bring better visibility to the feature.

Bastien Nocera 10-08-2008 11:39 AM

Fedora 10 Release Notes - Desktop

> Hi,
>
> I have started filling in as many details as I could in
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/Desktop
>
> Make sure all the important changes on the desktop for this release is
> well documented. Thanks.

I've added sections for the BlueZ changes, the GStreamer installation
helper, as well as the gnome-lirc-properties addition.

Cheers