-   -   i686 (and likely x86_64) Live image not fitting on CD (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-desktop/164563-i686-likely-x86_64-live-image-not-fitting-cd.html)

Jesse Keating 09-23-2008 12:56 AM

i686 (and likely x86_64) Live image not fitting on CD

I'm less concerned about x86_64 for Beta, but i686 not fitting on a CD
is a stop ship. We're 43~megs over size. That's not a small amount.
This may have been brought up before, but I don't see archives of it so
it may have been IRC only.

http://jkeating.fedorapeople.org/alpha2beta-live-diff has a listing of
the package differences between Alpha and Beta. I would really
appreciate some help looking for something to cut for size, since you
guys are supposed to own this config now.

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=spin-kickstarts.git;a=blob;f=fedora-live-base.ks;h=55f57cf0a7ebf60326c5eabf968b0d4b2dfd4975 ;hb=refs/heads/F-10-Beta

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=spin-kickstarts.git;a=blob;f=fedora-livecd-desktop.ks;h=371ad17a34667b60fe0fab63a3e9876245c7d a9e;hb=refs/heads/F-10-Beta

and

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=spin-kickstarts.git;a=blob;f=fedora-livecd-desktop-default.ks;h=e7a91937f1eb87df3d5197f6ea6cf2918ca98 6fb;hb=refs/heads/F-10-Beta

are the configs used.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedomē is a feature!

Jesse Keating 09-23-2008 01:08 AM

i686 (and likely x86_64) Live image not fitting on CD

> http://jkeating.fedorapeople.org/alpha2beta-live-diff has a listing of
> the package differences between Alpha and Beta. I would really
> appreciate some help looking for something to cut for size, since you
> guys are supposed to own this config now.

Herm. this may actually be a diff of the Education-Math live image to
the Alpha Desktop image. I made a mistake somewhere. I'm re-creating
the Desktop image, although they share many of the same packages.