Old 08-26-2008, 03:04 AM
Peter Gordon

Default GNOME 2.24 feature

On Sun, 2008-08-24 at 18:39 -0400, Brian Pepple wrote:
> IMO, I think Empathy is still too immature to be replacing Pidgin yet.
> I know Ubuntu has been reviewing whether to make this default in their
> distro also, and have a pretty good comparison between.

Well, My idea is to make it the default (hopefully) for the Beta and if
it's still too rough around the edges near release time, we can just
switch it back to Pidgin without much ado.

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EmpathyVsPidginUsability

I had found similar articles, but this is my first time reading through
such attention to detail in their comparison. Very interesting. Thanks
for the link!
--
´╗┐Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479