Old 07-31-2008, 04:13 PM
landon kelsey

Default Fedora 9 desktop problems

I have the very latest F9 and KDE 4 via yum update

Yes I will send KDE problems to KDE!

If I can differentiate

since day 1 and existing now
on boot

1-0:1.0 unable to enumerate USB device on hub # 2
1-0:1.0 unable to enumerate USB device on hub # 4
1-0:1.0 unable to enumerate USB device on hub # 2

problem :* computer hangs occasionally usually connected to popups from panel items.

Sometimes I can clear the hangup by hitting keys ctrl-alt

but usually I have to unplug/replug the flash memory drive.

I have a card that connects all USB 2.0 devices since my built-in USB is 1.1

Once upon a time NTFS and VFAT flash memory drive were mounted via entries in fstab.

Then they went auto.

Now I must open NTFS and VFAT flash memory drive via dolphin to mount them or else nothing will be able to see them!

When installing F9, I used gnome for a while and the icons for NTFS and VFAT flash memory drive

were at the upper left.

This is probably in the KDE realm.