Old 10-13-2012, 12:42 PM
Elad Alfassa

Default Fedora Events Web app

Hello designers and ambassadors!

A lot of people asked recently for a functioning Fedora event system. This event system should replace the wiki pages we currently use to manage events.
I think we should implement this, because this will have many benefits for us (and the ability to show the users nearby events on their homepage is a great plus)

What I imagine a perfect event system including is:
Swag & budget management for ambassadors (instead of trac tickets)
Exact time, date, map and any other special arrival instructions
A free form text field for event informationA list of Fedorian attendees of the event (every Fedorian should be able to add himself as an atendee)Optional registration (in case the event is organized by the Fedora community and not just a random event Fedora has a booth/stand at)

Ability to attach event reports to the event page after the event is overRSS feeds for events filtered by areaTags/Categories (so it'll be easy to search events by type and field of interest)
Email notifications for events in your area that you can sign up for
That's just what I can come up with now. What else would you like to see in such an event system?
Does anyone want to start designing it (with mockups and everything)? Does anyone have the time to implement such system?

Such event system will not only help ambassadors to organize events better — it'll also help users to find events with Fedora presence in them, which will surely help them become a part of the community and sooner or later become contributors

--
-Elad Alfassa.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Elad Alfassa