Old 10-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Matthew Miller

Default UXPA Boston "Smorgasbord" talks -- Wednesday, Oct 17

A friend of mine is speaking at this and invited me, and I thought it might
be of interest to Fedora design and ux people. It's not directly on topic, I
know, but the part about usability research on a modest budget particularly
caught my eye....

http://uxsmorgasbord.eventbrite.com/

In particular, Jen McGinn, the user reasearch lead for Oracle cloud and
social network talks about usability tests with "inexpensive (or free!)
tools", and Katherine Wahl, usability consultant at MIT, has a similar talk
titled "User Research on the Cheap: The user interview: the only real cost
is your time."

There's also talks on social media strategy and on mentorship, on drawbacks
in tablet UI design, ubituitous computing, and on "skeptUX".

--
Matthew Miller ☁☁☁ Fedora Cloud Architect ☁☁☁ <mattdm@fedoraproject.org>