Old 10-12-2012, 09:59 AM
P J P

Default Need design help

** Hello Design team!

I'm Prasad, an avid Fedora user and package maintainer. I also run a small RSS feeds reader

* at -> feedmug.com

I want to re-design its user interface and in that major objectives are:

* 1. create a new login/home page

* 2. replace html frames with a single page layout.
* 3. replace html tables with div's + CSS.

* 4. add support to display twitter feed along side the blog content.
* 5. other improvements which lead to a *pleasant* user experience.

While I can handle the back-end Perl CGI, MySQL and XML parsing bits, I can not seem to get my head around separating CSS from the HTML and using div's and jQuery to make requests.

I was wondering if one of you could help me with it, at least get me started somewhere.

Thank you!

---
Regards
** -Prasad
http://feedmug.com

Old 10-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Suchakra

Hi,

I am interested in helping out as much as I can.

> 1. create a new login/home page

Can do.

> 2. replace html frames with a single page layout.

Will have to try.

> 3. replace html tables with div's + CSS.

Can do. Ideas have already started flowing in my head.

> 4. add support to display twitter feed along side the blog content.

Can't do without help.

> 5. other improvements which lead to a *pleasant* user experience.

Truthfully, feedmug needs lots of eye candy. How about fresh logos and
some icons with a dash of cool JS effects? Can surely help with that.

> While I can handle the back-end Perl CGI, MySQL and XML parsing bits, I can not seem to get my head around separating CSS from the HTML and using div's and jQuery to make requests.

Can help with HTML + CSS, but not with with jQuery to make requests

Please let me know where all I can pitch in.

-
Suchakra

Old 10-12-2012, 01:16 PM
P J P

** Hey Suchakra, HI! How are you dude?

> I am interested in helping out as much as I can.

** That's excellent!

>> * 1. create a new login/home page
> Can do.

** Cool!

>> * 2. replace html frames with a single page layout.
> Will have to try.

** Ok.

>> * 3. replace html tables with div's + CSS.
> Can do. Ideas have already started flowing in my head.

** Heh...

>> * 4. add support to display twitter feed along side the blog content.
> Can't do without help.

** I need help with the html/CSS part which could create a box wherein the feed could be displayed. Actual twitter authentication and feed parsing bits I can manage.

>> * 5. other improvements which lead to a *pleasant* user experience.
>
> Truthfully, feedmug needs lots of eye candy. How about fresh logos and
> some icons with a dash of cool JS effects? Can surely help with that.

** Sure, everything is welcome, as long as it helps.

>> While I can handle the back-end Perl CGI, MySQL and XML parsing bits, I can
> not seem to get my head around separating CSS from the HTML and using div's
> and jQuery to make requests.
>
> Can help with HTML + CSS, but not with with jQuery to make requests

** Ok, no problem.

> Please let me know where all I can pitch in.

** Let's catch-up over IRC sometime this week-end and discuss more. Please let me know what time suites you.

Thanks so much!

---
Regards
** -Prasad
http://feedmug.com

Old 10-13-2012, 02:57 AM
Suchakra

Hi,

> Hey Suchakra, HI! How are you dude?

I am fine, thank you Have been a bit busy on the personal front.

> Let's catch-up over IRC sometime this week-end and discuss more. Please let me know what time suites you.

I am free today and tommorrow anytime in the evening from 7pm IST -
11pm IST. Is it ok? If yes, lets meet on #fedora-design /
#fedora-india so we can get live help from experts too.

Do let me know.

-
Suchakra

Old 10-13-2012, 06:51 AM
P J P

** Hey hi,

> I am free today and tommorrow anytime in the evening from 7pm IST -
> 11pm IST. Is it ok? If yes, lets meet on #fedora-design /
> #fedora-india so we can get live help from experts too.

* That sounds good, I'll ping you today around 21:00 hrs on #fedora-design.

Thanks so much.

---
Regards
** -Prasad
http://feedmug.com

Old 10-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Suchakra

> That sounds good, I'll ping you today around 21:00 hrs on #fedora-design.

I'll be there. Infact, I have some stuff ready for you

-
Suchakra