Old 10-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Kévin Raymond

Default Need a quick file to produce a tablecloth

Hi there,

For the FUDCon in EMEA, I am going to produce a tablecloth, could
someone provide me a pdf file at the full size or 1/4?
I would like Fedora (and the logo) written on one side (the Front
side), and the 4F logo at the middle, (which would be the top side).
Do you get the idea ? The Fedora logo could be printed on each side as
the price would be the same.. You have better design skills than me

I would like to send it in production tomorrow to get it shipped next
week, but that will probably work by Wednesday too.
It would be 3×3m, they ask me the graphics in pdf. Sorry for the short deadline.

Thanks so much,

--
Kévin Raymond
(shaiton)

Old 10-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Ryan Lerch

For the FUDCon in EMEA, I am going to produce a tablecloth, could
someone provide me a pdf file at the full size or 1/4?
I would like Fedora (and the logo) written on one side (the Front
side), and the 4F logo at the middle, (which would be the top side).
Do you get the idea ? The Fedora logo could be printed on each side as
the price would be the same.. You have better design skills than me

I would like to send it in production tomorrow to get it shipped next
week, but that will probably work by Wednesday too.
It would be 3×3m, they ask me the graphics in pdf. Sorry for the short deadline.

Thanks so much,

Hi Kévin,

here is a quick go at it. Is this what you are after?

the lines dividing the section are just there to gauge the 1m divides
on the tablecloth.

cheers,
ryanlerch

Old 10-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Ryan Lerch

Hi Kévin,

here is a quick go at it. Is this what you are after?

the lines dividing the section are just there to gauge the 1m divides on
the tablecloth.

also, the SVG is available here:

http://fedorapeople.org/~ryanlerch/tablecloth/tablecloth.svg

note that the SVG is to scale (3m x 3m) so it may appear just white when
your web browser displays it until you zoom out.

cheers,
ryanlerch

Old 10-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Kévin Raymond

Le 1 oct. 2012 19:57, "Ryan Lerch" <rlerch@redhat.com> a écrit*:

> On Mon 01 Oct 2012 09:32:37 EDT, Kévin Raymond wrote:

>> Hi there,

>> For the FUDCon in EMEA, I am going to produce a tablecloth, could

>> someone provide me a pdf file at the full size or 1/4?

>> I would like Fedora (and the logo) written on one side (the Front

>> side), and the 4F logo at the middle, (which would be the top side).

>> Do you get the idea ? The Fedora logo could be printed on each side as

>> the price would be the same.. You have better design skills than me

>> I would like to send it in production tomorrow to get it shipped next

>> week, but that will probably work by Wednesday too.

>> It would be 3×3m, they ask me the graphics in pdf. Sorry for the short deadline.

>> Thanks so much,

> Hi Kévin,

> here is a quick go at it. Is this what you are after?

> the lines dividing the section are just there to gauge the 1m divides on the tablecloth.

> cheers,

> ryanlerch

Hey, that's nice.

I was just told that the maximum wide will be 245cm.

Could you adjust to 2.45*3m?

Also, the 4F logo is probably going to be too big, no? Could you reduce it a little bit?

On an other side, a blue background is probably better but the 4F won't be so nice.. Any idea?

Thanks so much, I really like your proposal.

Cheers,

Old 10-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Ryan Lerch

I was just told that the maximum wide will be 245cm.
Could you adjust to 2.45*3m?
Also, the 4F logo is probably going to be too big, no? Could you reduce it
a little bit?

On an other side, a blue background is probably better but the 4F won't be
so nice.. Any idea?

Thanks so much, I really like your proposal.

Cheers,

Okies!

Here is the second go at it!

http://fedorapeople.org/~ryanlerch/tablecloth/tablecloth2.png

I tried to get it on the blue background, but the 4F's did look not so
good with that. Also, with the blue fabric, it will be harder to get the
correct colour blue, so it has a higher probability of looking a bit
off, rather than the white.

I also moved up the fedora logos a bit to get them off the ground a bit
more, and shrunk them down a bit too.

thoughts?

cheers,
ryanlerch

Old 10-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Kévin Raymond

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 8:26 PM, Ryan Lerch <rlerch@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 01/10/12 14:04, Kévin Raymond wrote:
>>

>> Hey, that's nice.
>> I was just told that the maximum wide will be 245cm.
>> Could you adjust to 2.45*3m?
>> Also, the 4F logo is probably going to be too big, no? Could you reduce it
>> a little bit?
>>
>> On an other side, a blue background is probably better but the 4F won't be
>> so nice.. Any idea?
>>
>> Thanks so much, I really like your proposal.
>>
>> Cheers,
>

> Okies!
>
> Here is the second go at it!
>
> http://fedorapeople.org/~ryanlerch/tablecloth/tablecloth2.png
>
> I tried to get it on the blue background, but the 4F's did look not so good
> with that. Also, with the blue fabric, it will be harder to get the correct
> colour blue, so it has a higher probability of looking a bit off, rather
> than the white.
>
> I also moved up the fedora logos a bit to get them off the ground a bit
> more, and shrunk them down a bit too.
>
> thoughts?

I am having difficulties tonight with my emails, it's like my previous
answer was not sent..

So your design looks perfect to me.
But it appears to others that the 4F logo is too small, ahah.
Sorry, could you make it bigger?* Not sure, something like 40 to 50
cms (in order to fit on common tables). For the size you probably got
right the first time..

Then, if you could provide me the pdf I will forward to the factory.

Thanks so much!!

> cheers,
> ryanlerch

Kévin Raymond
(shaiton)
GPG-Key: A5BCB3A2

Old 10-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Ryan Lerch

I am having difficulties tonight with my emails, it's like my previous
answer was not sent..

So your design looks perfect to me.
But it appears to others that the 4F logo is too small, ahah.
Sorry, could you make it bigger? Not sure, something like 40 to 50
cms (in order to fit on common tables). For the size you probably got
right the first time..

Then, if you could provide me the pdf I will forward to the factory.

Thanks so much!!

Okay!

I have made the 4fs bigger again, (it is around 45cm across now)

the PDF can be downloaded here:
http://fedorapeople.org/~ryanlerch/tablecloth/tablecloth.pdf

The PDF should be to scale (2450mm X 3000mm)

also, the svg source is available here: