Old 09-17-2012, 07:53 AM
Brendan Jones

Default Fedora audio spin update

Hi all,

We are still looking for ideas and submissions for Fedora Audio
wallpapers. We've has some good suggestions but no submissions yet.

In the interests of getting something together before release, perhaps
we should not concern ourselves too much with the Audio aspect of the
theme - but simply head for something minimal that suits the desktop
theme we've chosen. We are going for a darker desktop theme - candiates
so far are Oxygen or Caledonia.

I've packaged the Caledonia KDE themes in my repo here:
http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/bsjones/audio-bsjones/fedora-audio-bsjones.repo

Look, I'm really no good at this stuff - and my packaging workload to
get this spin ready for release is already immense, so I'd love it if
someone would like to take this on. I'll also be responsible for
packaging the whole fedora-jam-kde-theme in the end, so if anyone wants
some help in writing kde themes let me know. Our goal is to have a
unique look and feel rather than just a KDE spin with audio packages.

Anyway, I've thrown together a simple background where I think the blue
contrasts nicely with the darkness of the caledonia theme. Here are
whole screenshots to give some context (the first one was me being lazy
with colorize giving the rings, but you get the idea). The wave form is
just an idea I have been playing around with. It will probably go. Would
love it if people could suggest some ideas or even submit some backgrounds!

http://bsjones.fedorapeople.org/fedora-jam-desktop.png
http://bsjones.fedorapeople.org/fedora-jam-desktop2.png

kind regards,

Brendan

Old 09-29-2012, 07:01 PM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Anyway, I've thrown together a simple background where I think the
blue contrasts nicely with the darkness of the caledonia theme. Here
are whole screenshots to give some context (the first one was me being
lazy with colorize giving the rings, but you get the idea). The wave
form is just an idea I have been playing around with. It will probably
go. Would love it if people could suggest some ideas or even submit
some backgrounds!

http://bsjones.fedorapeople.org/fedora-jam-desktop.png
http://bsjones.fedorapeople.org/fedora-jam-desktop2.png

kind regards,

Brendan

Hi Brendan,
My first impression is the wave is too visible and distracting. How
about making semi transparent or subtle?

Luya (working on design business and setting office at the moment).

Old 10-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Brendan Jones

Anyway, I've thrown together a simple background where I think the
blue contrasts nicely with the darkness of the caledonia theme. Here
are whole screenshots to give some context (the first one was me being
lazy with colorize giving the rings, but you get the idea). The wave
form is just an idea I have been playing around with. It will probably
go. Would love it if people could suggest some ideas or even submit
some backgrounds!

http://bsjones.fedorapeople.org/fedora-jam-desktop.png
http://bsjones.fedorapeople.org/fedora-jam-desktop2.png

kind regards,

Brendan

Hi Brendan,
My first impression is the wave is too visible and distracting. How
about making semi transparent or subtle?

Thanks for the feedback. I think you might be right there. I would like
to do something to the wave that makes it less stark, but I'm not sure
how. Maybe give it a neon feel somehow and drop the opacity like you said.

If anyone wants to have a go I have uploaded the xcf here[1]. I can try
and generate some more aesthetically pleasing waveforms if required...

[1] http://bsjones.fedorapeople.org/fedora-jam-1920-1080.xcf

thanks

Brendan