Old 09-02-2012, 06:03 AM
Suchakra

Default Fedora Jam - KDE splash and wallpapers for Fedora Audio Spin

Hi,

> We are probably going to use a darker KDE theme by default (such as Oxygen
> or Caledonia) and are desperately in need of some KDE splash and wallpaper
> ideas that will fit with this.

A bokeh of audio level leds on a digital audio mixer and a macro of
some recording knobs will be good IMO. Shots of piano, guitar, violin
or other instruments in solo will not do justice to the different
genres of music. But recording equipment encompasses everything. Also,
musical notes are now cliché. Its better to have something fresh like
actually seeing music and audio (Cymatics) [1]. I personally like the
'twin spiral' on this page. If we can get some images from that (by
permission) maybe we can create a nice wallpaper.

[1] http://www.energeticforum.com/renewable-energy/8522-using-cymatics-visualise-electric-phenomena.html

Suchakra

Old 09-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Brendan Jones

We are probably going to use a darker KDE theme by default (such as Oxygen
or Caledonia) and are desperately in need of some KDE splash and wallpaper
ideas that will fit with this.

A bokeh of audio level leds on a digital audio mixer and a macro of
some recording knobs will be good IMO. Shots of piano, guitar, violin
or other instruments in solo will not do justice to the different
genres of music. But recording equipment encompasses everything. Also,
musical notes are now cliché.Its better to have something fresh like
actually seeing music and audio (Cymatics) [1]. I personally like the
'twin spiral' on this page. If we can get some images from that (by
permission) maybe we can create a nice wallpaper.

[1] http://www.energeticforum.com/renewable-energy/8522-using-cymatics-visualise-electric-phenomena.html

I think I agree. Rather than taking the direct approach (using images of
real instruments and gear) perhaps we should focus on some of the
dynamic aspects of sound, like resonance, fluidity, vibration,
modulation. Once we start thinking in those terms I think a whole bunch
of opportunities arise.

Visualising how a speaker creates ripples in the air at different
frequencies in slow-mo comes to mind...

Great ideas!

Brendan

Old 09-04-2012, 08:58 AM