Old 09-02-2012, 05:34 AM
Brendan Jones

Default Fedora Jam - KDE splash and wallpapers for Fedora Audio Spin

Hi all!

This is my first post to the list! I've been working with Jorn Lomax as
part of the Google Summer of Code project the Fedora audio spin. I
believe Jorn introduced himself here [1].

We've come a long way now and have decided on using KDE as the base
system for the Fedora Jam audio spin.

We are probably going to use a darker KDE theme by default (such as
Oxygen or Caledonia) and are desperately in need of some KDE splash and
wallpaper ideas that will fit with this.

Whilst we don't have any firm suggestions in mind it would be great of
we could somehow create a theme which can somehow encompass more than a
few of the many aspects surrounding music and audio production - e.g.
classical, modern, electronic, live, recording etc. Some have suggested
and elegant collage of instruments and/or recording gear, but we are
really very open for all kinds of ideas [2]. It may not even need to
relate to audio at all but just look really cool and modern! I think
this is a really creative opportunity here if any is interested!.

We have created a placeholder package (fedora-jam-backgrounds) already
which contains a simple audio waveform on a black background, which will
be replaced [3].

Once a spin is approved via the Spins wrangler what is the submission
process so far as the design team is concerned?

thanks for your help!

Brendan
(Music Creation SIG / GSOC mentor)

[1]