-   -   F18-Wallpaper Attempt (Nebulae/Osmo Concept) (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-design-team/694981-f18-wallpaper-attempt-nebulae-osmo-concept.html)

twohot 08-17-2012 12:37 PM

F18-Wallpaper Attempt (Nebulae/Osmo Concept)

Hi designers

So i found time yesterday to explore the Nebula/Osmo concept from our
hackfest after addressing some backlogs of paperwork. Its interesting
what can emerge from 12hours of experimentation.

First off, I decided to base my variation on a subtle joke. After all
its 'Spherical Cow'. Ever seen one of those? So what if all that
represents the cow is the udders (hehehehe)???. I know, some weird
imaginations and iterating on that could get messy depending on your
state of mind. Just take it like you see it ... I borrowed from the
common cartoon idea of cows being cowbows and the udders being the
machine guns. These cows (udders) are floating in space shooting at
each other ... the vacuum is populated by sprays of bullets (you know
what now :-) ).

The sketch of this concept, here:
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5991/floatingudders.png

The results:
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/433/floatingudders01.png
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/2155/floatingudders4fsop.png
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/6254/floatingudders8fstopbol.png

So you're all welcome to blast this work with critiques. I've got the
blend file here for anyone who cares to play around. I'm not quite
satisfied with the background yet. I'll be nice to get a vignette
effect or a variation of blue tones ... something with more depth. I
hope to figure that out soon.

Regards
Onyeibo (twohot)

CESAR FABIAN ORCCON CHIPANA 08-18-2012 04:31 AM

F18-Wallpaper Attempt (Nebulae/Osmo Concept)

Can I kiss you?
Amazing. The best wallpaper I think.

[...]

------------------------------------

Fabián Orccón (cfoch)

http://cfoch.tumblr.com
http://cfoch-dev.tumblr.com

"S.Kemter" 08-19-2012 05:04 PM

F18-Wallpaper Attempt (Nebulae/Osmo Concept)

Hi,

the hairs looking to straight and for space the background looking to plain.

br gnokii

twohot 08-20-2012 08:50 AM

F18-Wallpaper Attempt (Nebulae/Osmo Concept)

Thanks for your observations, gnokii
I will look into the hair issue (I noticed it from day-1 but its my
first hair setup ever). As for the background, I already mentioned I
wasn't yet done with it. Thanks

Regards
Onyeibo

Lailah 08-24-2012 03:39 PM

F18-Wallpaper Attempt (Nebulae/Osmo Concept)

I can't see them.* There's any problem?

Regards,

Lailah

twohot 08-24-2012 03:45 PM

F18-Wallpaper Attempt (Nebulae/Osmo Concept)

Just a moment, let me try somewhere else
I wish someone will fix my artboard account

twohot 08-24-2012 04:56 PM

F18-Wallpaper Attempt (Nebulae/Osmo Concept)

Hello Lailah

Just posted them at the fedora artboard
here: http://publictest04.fedoraproject.org/artboard/post/list/floating-udders/1

cheers

Onyeibo

Lailah 09-09-2012 12:49 AM

F18-Wallpaper Attempt (Nebulae/Osmo Concept)

Ooooh, how cute!* I like them!

Regards,

Lailah

PD:* Sorry for my lateness, I just lost your email.