Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Fedora Design Team (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-design-team/)
-   -   Suggestion for inclusion in the next Design Spin (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-design-team/690995-suggestion-inclusion-next-design-spin.html)

Greg E 08-06-2012 05:07 AM

Suggestion for inclusion in the next Design Spin
 
Would it be possible to have the Darktable photo editing application included in the next Design Spin? Or at least have their repository added so it is easy to install this application?

http://www.darktable.org/



Thanks, Greg
_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team

Dan Mashal 08-06-2012 05:42 AM

Suggestion for inclusion in the next Design Spin
 
Is this packaged in Fedora stable? If not, now may be a good time to package it, prodiving that the program meets the licensing guidelines and packing requirements.


Ill be happy to work with you on this if it's not included in Fedora already.


Dan

On Aug 5, 2012 10:17 PM, "Greg E" <gwe.a43@gmail.com> wrote:
Would it be possible to have the Darktable photo editing application included in the next Design Spin? Or at least have their repository added so it is easy to install this application?

http://www.darktable.org/




Thanks, Greg

_______________________________________________

design-team mailing list

design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team

_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team

Ankur Sinha 08-06-2012 05:58 AM

Suggestion for inclusion in the next Design Spin
 
On Sun, 2012-08-05 at 22:42 -0700, Dan Mashal wrote:
> Is this packaged in Fedora stable? If not, now may be a good time to
> package it, prodiving that the program meets the licensing guidelines
> and packing requirements.

Looks like it already is:

> [root@ankur ~]# repoquery darktable -i
> Name : darktable
> Version : 1.0.4
> Release : 1.fc17
> Architecture: x86_64
> Size : 6409830
> Packager : Fedora Project
> Group : Applications/Multimedia
> URL : http://darktable.sourceforge.net/
> Repository : updates
> Summary : Utility to organize and develop raw images
> Source : darktable-1.0.4-1.fc17.src.rpm
> Description :
> Darktable is a virtual light-table and darkroom for photographers:
> it manages your digital negatives in a database and lets you view them
> through a zoom-able light-table.
> It also enables you to develop raw images and enhance them.
> [root@ankur ~]#
>

I could modify comps if you folks think this package should be included
in the Design Spin. :)
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,
Ankur: "FranciscoD"

Please only print if necessary.

Looking to contribute to Fedora? Look here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Join_SIG

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha
http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/
_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team

Marķa Leandro 08-06-2012 02:27 PM

Suggestion for inclusion in the next Design Spin
 
+1 to this.
I use Darktable daily and will be awesome to have it :)

2012/8/6 Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur@gmail.com>

On Sun, 2012-08-05 at 22:42 -0700, Dan Mashal wrote:

> Is this packaged in Fedora stable? If not, now may be a good time to

> package it, prodiving that the program meets the licensing guidelines

> and packing requirements.



Looks like it already is:



> [root@ankur ~]# repoquery darktable -i

> Name * * * *: darktable

> Version * * : 1.0.4

> Release * * : 1.fc17

> Architecture: x86_64

> Size * * * *: 6409830

> Packager * *: Fedora Project

> Group * * * : Applications/Multimedia

> URL * * * * : http://darktable.sourceforge.net/

> Repository *: updates

> Summary * * : Utility to organize and develop raw images

> Source * * *: darktable-1.0.4-1.fc17.src.rpm

> Description :

> Darktable is a virtual light-table and darkroom for photographers:

> it manages your digital negatives in a database and lets you view them

> through a zoom-able light-table.

> It also enables you to develop raw images and enhance them.

> [root@ankur ~]#

>



I could modify comps if you folks think this package should be included

in the Design Spin. :)

--

Thanks,

Warm regards,

Ankur: "FranciscoD"



Please only print if necessary.



Looking to contribute to Fedora? Look here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Join_SIG



http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha

http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/


_______________________________________________

design-team mailing list

design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team


--
tatica

Maria Gracia Leandro
http://www.tatica.org

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:tatica
LinuxUser= 440285* GPG Public Key: E1CDCC56


_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team

Greg E 08-07-2012 05:28 AM

Suggestion for inclusion in the next Design Spin
 
It did install with a:

yum install darktable

if that tells you anything. I'm still far too new with Linux to give more details. If it was included in the Spin it might open the application up to people who don't know anything about opening up a terminal and typing that line. I've never seen it listed on the add/remove programs under the "graphics" category.


I was also confused when I looked at the beta version repository for Darktable so that may have been the biggest issue. But since it is a graphics application and seems to be mature enough to function, it would be cool to have it already included if the developers of Darktable permit it to be included in the spin and the licensing is compatible.


Anyway, thanks for considering this addition.


On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 1:42 AM, Dan Mashal <dan.mashal@gmail.com> wrote:



Is this packaged in Fedora stable? If not, now may be a good time to package it, prodiving that the program meets the licensing guidelines and packing requirements.


Ill be happy to work with you on this if it's not included in Fedora already.


Dan

On Aug 5, 2012 10:17 PM, "Greg E" <gwe.a43@gmail.com> wrote:


Would it be possible to have the Darktable photo editing application included in the next Design Spin? Or at least have their repository added so it is easy to install this application?

http://www.darktable.org/






Thanks, Greg

_______________________________________________

design-team mailing list

design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team


_______________________________________________

design-team mailing list

design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team


_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:03 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.