-   -   F18 Artwork Ideas (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-design-team/684953-f18-artwork-ideas.html)

Ryan Lerch 07-18-2012 06:40 PM

F18 Artwork Ideas

Been a bit quiet around here lately!

Just wondering if anyone has any WIP designs for the F18 artwork that
they are willing to share!

/me is not so good with initial ideas, but loves building on others
awesome work! :)

--ryanlerch

Ryan Gauger 07-18-2012 07:21 PM

F18 Artwork Ideas

On 07/18/2012 01:40 PM, Ryan Lerch wrote:

Been a bit quiet around here lately!

Just wondering if anyone has any WIP designs for the F18 artwork that
they are willing to share!

/me is not so good with initial ideas, but loves building on others
awesome work! :)

--ryanlerch
Since the last release' artwork used a hot dog in some areas (not with
the wallpaper, but with banners, etc), I'm wondering what kind of
artwork will be used in the F18 "Spherical Cow" release! I haven't
started working on anything, but I think sometime in the future (this
release if I ever get around to it in time) I will create a release
banner for the alpha/beta releases. Hopefully I am not just dreaming,
and actually get around to it!

---Ryan

Máirín Duffy 07-18-2012 09:34 PM

F18 Artwork Ideas

On Wed, 2012-07-18 at 14:40 -0400, Ryan Lerch wrote:
> Been a bit quiet around here lately!
>
> Just wondering if anyone has any WIP designs for the F18 artwork that
> they are willing to share!
>
> /me is not so good with initial ideas, but loves building on others
> awesome work! :)

This is what I came up with:
http://pookstar.deviantart.com/art/Stainless-blue-cloth-315476739

The XCF is 1.8 GB though so I'm not sure how to make it
available. :( Garrett mentioned some trick to compressing the alpha
channel to shrink the filesize and Vinz said to try .gz. I don't know
how to do the alpha channel trick but gz only got me down to 1.5 GB :(

~m

María Leandro 07-19-2012 01:11 AM

F18 Artwork Ideas

That's a nice background, maybe we can give it a try and make it on svg?

2012/7/18 Máirín Duffy <duffy@fedoraproject.org>

On Wed, 2012-07-18 at 14:40 -0400, Ryan Lerch wrote:

> Been a bit quiet around here lately!

> Just wondering if anyone has any WIP designs for the F18 artwork that

> they are willing to share!

> /me is not so good with initial ideas, but loves building on others

> awesome work! :)

This is what I came up with:

http://pookstar.deviantart.com/art/Stainless-blue-cloth-315476739

The XCF is 1.8 GB though so I'm not sure how to make it

available. :( Garrett mentioned some trick to compressing the alpha

channel to shrink the filesize and Vinz said to try .gz. I don't know

how to do the alpha channel trick but gz only got me down to 1.5 GB :(

~m

tatica
Maria Gracia Leandro
http://www.tatica.org

LinuxUser= 440285* GPG Public Key: E1CDCC56

Máirín Duffy 07-19-2012 02:16 AM

F18 Artwork Ideas

On Wed, 2012-07-18 at 20:41 -0430, María Leandro wrote:
> That's a nice background, maybe we can give it a try and make it on
> svg?

By all means! Do you know of a way to get that brushed metal effect in
Inkscape?

~m

"S.Kemter" 07-19-2012 10:44 AM

F18 Artwork Ideas

yes filters ;)

María Leandro 07-19-2012 10:58 AM

F18 Artwork Ideas

Don't we have a gimp master with us? oh yeah, gnokii is our*savior! :P

"S.Kemter" 07-19-2012 11:02 AM

F18 Artwork Ideas

there is a more simple technic to draw brushed metal, I wrote it in my book. Took me some time to find the graphic. The solution is simple, draw some straight lines with the calligraphic tool position them on the area and use the boolean tools for cut them out. Hopefully u can see it on the graphic

br gnokii

Ryan Gauger 07-19-2012 07:27 PM

F18 Artwork Ideas