-   -   Invite Request (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-design-team/678005-invite-request.html)

Shriram Hosur 06-28-2012 06:58 AM

Invite Request

Hi* *I would love to receive an invite to the design team and be a part of it soon. My Fedora Account username is hsshriram, kindly add it.
Warm Regards,Shriram H S

Ankur Sinha 06-28-2012 09:22 AM

Invite Request

On Thu, 2012-06-28 at 12:28 +0530, Shriram Hosur wrote:
> Hi I would love to receive an invite to the design team and be a
> part of it soon. My Fedora Account username is hsshriram, kindly add
> it.
>
> Warm Regards, Shriram H S

Hello Shriram!

Awesome! There is no invite as such. We are an open community :)

Please take a look at the following link on how to join and get started
with design tasks:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_Design_Team

We look forward to working with you :)
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,

Please only print if necessary.

Looking to contribute to Fedora? Look here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Join_SIG

http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/

Ankur Sinha 06-28-2012 01:40 PM

Invite Request

On Thu, 2012-06-28 at 18:55 +0530, Shriram Hosur wrote:
> Hi Step 7 says so, that the design team would have to add me in. I
> ve gotta few questions to ask.

Please reply to the list. Use "reply all" in your e-mail client if it
doesn't have a 'reply to list' option. That way the entire list gets the
email(s)

The design team will add you to the group in the FAS once you've applied
for it.

> How does the arrangement work? Basically how do i get started off?

You introduce yourself to the list and tell them a little about
yourself. Your earlier email was a tad bit brief in this regard ;)

> Is it like i keep claiming tickets and completing them?, Also i cannot
> seem to be able to claim them from the respective page?

Yes. Open tickets are here:

https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/report/1

You should be able to access them. You might need to be in the design
group in FAS to be able to claim them. I'm not too sure.

> Is everything done through the mailing list? Is there no formal
> channel to it?

There is the trac, the IRC channel and the mailing list. I'm not sure
what you mean by "formal channel".

> What is the typical workload a contributor would get? An approximate
> figure would be helpful..

I cannot say. I'll leave that for the team folks to answer. I just hang
around here to keep myself up to date with the on-goings :)

Shriram Hosur 06-28-2012 02:16 PM

Invite Request

Thanks for clarifying,
I am looking forward to be an active member of the team and wish you add me through FAS.*
FAS ID: hsshriram
My interests are in abstract art primarily and want to work with wallpapers or logos. I am comfortable working with image editors and have nt had much experience with open source packages, the translation should be easy. This was done out my own accord and hope you find it good enough; good enough to add me in:
Warm Regards,Shriram H S