Old 06-21-2012, 11:05 PM
Chetan Patil

Default Designing On Fedora

Hi,
I'm new to the world of design. Want to learn.
Right now I'm trying to understand how Fedora tools may be used in designing.
I don't have any prior knowledge or experience about same, looking forward to learn from*

Fedora Design team. Also trying to learn by hanging around Dribble[1] and Behance[2]
Are there any quick to do's for those new to Fedora Design group?
Please let me know.

[1]*dribbble.com[2]*behance.net
--
Thank You and Warm Regards,*
Chetan Arvind Patil,

www.chetanpatil.info

Old 06-22-2012, 12:34 AM
Ryan Gauger

I'm new to the world of design. Want to learn.

Right now I'm trying to understand how Fedora tools may be
used in designing.

I don't have any prior knowledge or experience about same,
looking forward to learn from*
Fedora Design team. Also trying to learn by hanging around
Dribble[1] and Behance[2]

Are there any quick to do's for those new to Fedora Design
group?

Please let me know.

[1]*dribbble.com
[2]*behance.net

--

Thank You and Warm Regards,
*

Chetan Arvind Patil,

www.chetanpatil.info

A good program (the one I primarily use) is Pinta, which is based
off of Paint.NET for Windows. I also use Inkscape, an advanced image
editor (it is a good program for making logos/icons). I use GIMP a
little bit, but it seems a little advanced for me. All of these
programs are free and open-source programs for Fedora. Hope this
helps!

---Ryan

Old 06-22-2012, 07:52 AM
Chetan Patil

Hi,

A good program (the one I primarily use) is Pinta, which is based
off of Paint.NET for Windows. I also use Inkscape, an advanced image
editor (it is a good program for making logos/icons). I use GIMP a
little bit, but it seems a little advanced for me. All of these
programs are free and open-source programs for Fedora. Hope this
helps!
Thanks for your inputs.
Regarding Inkscape : Is it only fro .SVG files ? I need to understand more about SVG before getting started ?

--
Thank You and Warm Regards,*
Chetan Arvind Patil,

Old 06-22-2012, 06:00 PM
Ryan Gauger

A good program (the one I primarily use)
is Pinta, which is based off of Paint.NET for Windows. I
also use Inkscape, an advanced image editor (it is a
good program for making logos/icons). I use GIMP a
little bit, but it seems a little advanced for me. All
of these programs are free and open-source programs for
Fedora. Hope this helps!

Thanks for your inputs.

Regarding Inkscape : Is it only fro .SVG files ? I need to
understand more about SVG before getting started ?

--

Thank You and Warm Regards,
*

Chetan Arvind Patil,

www.chetanpatil.info

Inkscape can be used with many different image file types.