-   -   Designing On Fedora (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-design-team/675602-designing-fedora.html)

Chetan Patil 06-21-2012 11:05 PM

Designing On Fedora

Hi,
I'm new to the world of design. Want to learn.
Right now I'm trying to understand how Fedora tools may be used in designing.
I don't have any prior knowledge or experience about same, looking forward to learn from*

Fedora Design team. Also trying to learn by hanging around Dribble[1] and Behance[2]
Are there any quick to do's for those new to Fedora Design group?
Please let me know.

[1]*dribbble.com[2]*behance.net
--
Thank You and Warm Regards,*
Chetan Arvind Patil,

www.chetanpatil.info

Ryan Gauger 06-22-2012 12:34 AM

Designing On Fedora

I'm new to the world of design. Want to learn.

Right now I'm trying to understand how Fedora tools may be
used in designing.

I don't have any prior knowledge or experience about same,
looking forward to learn from*
Fedora Design team. Also trying to learn by hanging around
Dribble[1] and Behance[2]

Are there any quick to do's for those new to Fedora Design
group?

Please let me know.

[1]*dribbble.com
[2]*behance.net

--

Thank You and Warm Regards,
*

Chetan Arvind Patil,

www.chetanpatil.info

A good program (the one I primarily use) is Pinta, which is based
off of Paint.NET for Windows. I also use Inkscape, an advanced image
editor (it is a good program for making logos/icons). I use GIMP a
little bit, but it seems a little advanced for me. All of these
programs are free and open-source programs for Fedora. Hope this
helps!

---Ryan

Chetan Patil 06-22-2012 07:52 AM

Designing On Fedora

Hi,

A good program (the one I primarily use) is Pinta, which is based
off of Paint.NET for Windows. I also use Inkscape, an advanced image
editor (it is a good program for making logos/icons). I use GIMP a
little bit, but it seems a little advanced for me. All of these
programs are free and open-source programs for Fedora. Hope this
helps!
Thanks for your inputs.
Regarding Inkscape : Is it only fro .SVG files ? I need to understand more about SVG before getting started ?

--
Thank You and Warm Regards,*
Chetan Arvind Patil,

Ryan Gauger 06-22-2012 06:00 PM

Designing On Fedora

A good program (the one I primarily use)
is Pinta, which is based off of Paint.NET for Windows. I
also use Inkscape, an advanced image editor (it is a
good program for making logos/icons). I use GIMP a
little bit, but it seems a little advanced for me. All
of these programs are free and open-source programs for
Fedora. Hope this helps!

Thanks for your inputs.

Regarding Inkscape : Is it only fro .SVG files ? I need to
understand more about SVG before getting started ?

--

Thank You and Warm Regards,
*

Chetan Arvind Patil,

www.chetanpatil.info

Inkscape can be used with many different image file types.