Old 05-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Onyeibo Oku

Default Grub2 theme for Fedora 17

On Thu, 2012-05-10 at 13:18 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-05-10 at 18:14 +0100, Onyeibo Oku wrote:
>
> > What say I test this on f16? Should I stop?
>
> The latest F17 test candidate has (or will have) a different (newer)
> version of grub2 so if you were to run it, it would be to check it out,
> not for testing purposes I think since you'd have to run on F17 to help
> with testing.
>
> There is a bit of risk in using it as it changes your grub config file
> which can potentially make your system unbootable. That being said, it
> worked fine for me on my F17 beta system so there shouldn't be a
> problem, but if you want to be 110% safe I'd advise just waiting for the
> test candidate to come out to take a look.
>
> Hope that makes sense...
>
> ~m

Actually, I have a test compose-2 (TC2) running on my server here.
Wouldn't hurt to try it there.

thanks

twohot

Old 05-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Máirín Duffy

On Thu, 2012-05-10 at 18:36 +0100, Onyeibo Oku wrote:
> Actually, I have a test compose-2 (TC2) running on my server here.
> Wouldn't hurt to try it there.

Oh okay, fantastic! You might want to instead try pjones' latest grub
build and spot's latest fedora-logos build then (what's on my web space
is the rough theme I put together that spot and peter packaged more
nicely):

~m