Old 05-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Alexander Smirnov

Default F17 - Media artwork (sleeves concept)

Hi team!

I uploaded to my fedorapeople space [1] Fedora 17 base sleeves concept (Hotdog presents Fedora 17 ).

[1] - http://inkscaper.fedorapeople.org/Fedora17/media-artwork/Fedora-17-installationmedia-32.png

Thanks,
Alexander.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Elad Alfassa

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Alexander Smirnov <inkscaper@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi team!

I uploaded to my fedorapeople space [1] Fedora 17 base sleeves concept (Hotdog presents Fedora 17 ).

[1] - http://inkscaper.fedorapeople.org/Fedora17/media-artwork/Fedora-17-installationmedia-32.png

Thanks,
Alexander.

It looks great, although I personally prefer Beefy not being there.

--
-Elad Alfassa.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:14 PM
MarÝa Leandro

hello!!!

that's great! However, I agree with elad. and if you could place the sparkling 17 not over the fireworks but lets say just above the ´nstalation dvd" sentence that could look cool too.

maybe you can do those changes and send us a mockup just to take a look

I uploaded to my fedorapeople space [1] Fedora 17 base sleeves concept (Hotdog presents Fedora 17 ).

[1] - http://inkscaper.fedorapeople.org/Fedora17/media-artwork/Fedora-17-installationmedia-32.png

Thanks,
Alexander.

It looks great, although I personally prefer Beefy not being there.

--
-Elad Alfassa.

tatica

Maria Gracia Leandro
http://www.tatica.org

LinuxUser= 440285* GPG Public Key: E1CDCC56

Old 05-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Onyeibo Oku

On Sat, 2012-05-05 at 16:05 +0400, Alexander Smirnov wrote:
> Hi team!
>
> I uploaded to my fedorapeople space [1] Fedora 17 base sleeves concept
> (Hotdog presents Fedora 17 ).
>
> [1] -
> http://inkscaper.fedorapeople.org/Fedora17/media-artwork/Fedora-17-installationmedia-32.png
>
> Thanks,
> Alexander.

Awesome as always.

My Comments:
------------
1. Moving the glowing '17' as suggested by Tatica would be great but I
get the drift here. That option will make it look more formal and
serious but I guess Alex wants to communicate excitement and fun (as per
the fireworks). So I would suggest a varying intensity of glow on the
'17' to give the impression that the fireworks is producing the '17'.
If that's not possible ... Leave it there anyway. Its less formal and
this release has a 'fun' undertone to it. (OR we vote)

2. The beefy looks a bit too 'cartoony' -- I would rather use outlines
with transparencies to represent that (something like the '17' but more
subtle in presentation). Black arm, and brown sandwiching ... those
colours don't combine well with a heavy blue theme.

Regards
Onyeibo

Old 05-05-2012, 10:33 PM
"S.Kemter"

Hi,

Alexander it looks really nice, for me the 17 can stay there, the
position makes it really glowing and a part of the firework.

About the beefy, I agree with Elad, Tatica and T2hot it should be
better not there. Mizmo has also that opinion.

btw greetings from LibreGraphicsMeeting in Vienna, we all will
hopefully com safely back home and can talk about next week more

br gnokii

Old 05-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Alexander Smirnov

Thank you all for your comments!

I uploaded the new version of the concept [1] taking into the feedback.

[1] - http://inkscaper.fedorapeople.org/Fedora17/media-artwork/Fedora-17-installationmedia-32-2.png

Regards,
Alexander

Old 05-09-2012, 08:25 PM
"S.Kemter"

Am Mittwoch, 9. Mai 2012, 01:17:27 schrieb Alexander Smirnov:
> Thank you all for your comments!
>
> I uploaded the new version of the concept [1] taking into the feedback.
>
> [1] -
> http://inkscaper.fedorapeople.org/Fedora17/media-artwork/Fedora-17-installa
> tionmedia-32-2.png
>
> Regards,
> Alexander

Alexander, when you doing the sleeves, the EMEA ambassadors will do this time
install dvd biarch so 32+64bit.

br gnokii

Old 05-11-2012, 11:30 PM
Alexander Smirnov

Thank Sirko I am in contact with Ji┼Ö├*.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:38 PM
Alexander Smirnov

Hi all,

I uploaded all media artwork files to my fedorapeople space [1], please check it before loading on the wiki.

Thanks,

Alexander.