-   -   Tri-fold flyers? (was Organizing our swag designs a little better) (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-design-team/648195-tri-fold-flyers-organizing-our-swag-designs-little-better.html)

Robyn Bergeron 03-23-2012 07:34 PM

Tri-fold flyers? (was Organizing our swag designs a little better)

On 03/23/2012 01:28 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:

On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 18:08 -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:

* Some info on why RGB is different vs. CMYK, and how to talk to your
vendor about this to verify what they are using without feeling overwhelmed.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/About_CMYK there's my first stab; ideas
for improvement?

* Revisit the tri-fold flyers or any other flyers that ambassadors give
out, see if we can work with marketing to make them more up-to-date, or
at least have a simple, nice template for people to use, and make sure
that we have them sized for printing in various parts of the world,
since not everyone uses the same type of paper.

I can't seem to find sources for the tri-fold flyers I've seen at events
before. Anybody here on list have them?

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_Fedora_flyer#Fedora_Marketing_-_Flyer

~m

Robyn Bergeron 03-23-2012 07:43 PM

Tri-fold flyers? (was Organizing our swag designs a little better)

* Some info on why RGB is different vs. CMYK, and how to talk to your
vendor about this to verify what they are using without feeling overwhelmed.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/About_CMYK there's my first stab; ideas
for improvement?

* Revisit the tri-fold flyers or any other flyers that ambassadors give
out, see if we can work with marketing to make them more up-to-date, or
at least have a simple, nice template for people to use, and make sure
that we have them sized for printing in various parts of the world,
since not everyone uses the same type of paper.

I can't seem to find sources for the tri-fold flyers I've seen at events
before. Anybody here on list have them?
This could also possibly apply to the flyers you and/or Emily designed
for SXSW.

~m

Máirín Duffy 03-24-2012 05:30 AM

On Fri, 2012-03-23 at 13:34 -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> > I can't seem to find sources for the tri-fold flyers I've seen at events
> > before. Anybody here on list have them?
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_Fedora_flyer#Fedora_Marketing_-_Flyer

Okay, I did a bit of revamp. Critique, folks?

http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/brochure/

~m

Kévin Raymond 03-24-2012 09:03 AM

2012/3/24 Máirín Duffy <duffy@fedoraproject.org>:
> On Fri, 2012-03-23 at 13:34 -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
>> > I can't seem to find sources for the tri-fold flyers I've seen at events
>> > before. Anybody here on list have them?
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_Fedora_flyer#Fedora_Marketing_-_Flyer
>
> Okay, I did a bit of revamp. Critique, folks?
>
> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/brochure/
>
> ~m

Hi,

Could we change the community forums link (fedoraforum.org) to
ask.fedoraproject.org?
Ok, that's quite a big change, but ask.fpo is fully FOSS (I think)
while fedoraforum.org is not.

We changed that in our http://fedoraproject.org/get-help page,
(ask.fpo is really simpler and more user friendly).

If not the Facebook logo on the screenshot, I like this brochure :)
Could we have a set of apps targeting specific audiance?*For exemple
if we do an event in a design school, that should not be the same as
if on an electronic school. That's only an idea, I know that there are
other marketing material for specific target.

--
Kévin Raymond
(shaiton)

Robyn Bergeron 03-26-2012 12:55 PM

Tri-fold flyers? (was Organizing our swag designs a little better)