Old 03-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail

Default Idea: Logo for Fedora Activity Day

Just an idea,

As i'm planning to have more FAD in the future, I think it would be
really good if FAD have its own branding logo.

One suggestion here, http://fedora.my/img/fad.png remixed from fedora
remix logo. but I believe the design team have better ideas , or
argument why FAD shouldnt get its own logo.

http://www.inigo-tech.com
http://blog.kagesenshi.org
92C2 B295 B40B B3DC 6866* 5011 5BD2 584A 8A5D 7331

Old 03-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Máirín Duffy

Hi,

On Fri, 2012-03-23 at 00:37 +0800, Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail wrote:
> One suggestion here, http://fedora.my/img/fad.png remixed from fedora
> remix logo. but I believe the design team have better ideas , or
> argument why FAD shouldnt get its own logo.

Why not use one of the standard Fedora sublogo templates?

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines#Fedora_Sub-Logos:_Standard_uses_of_the_Fedora_Logo_with_other _elements

Make sure you're using Comfortaa as the sublogo font.

~m

Old 03-22-2012, 04:00 PM
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail

2012/3/23 Máirín Duffy <duffy@fedoraproject.org>:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2012-03-23 at 00:37 +0800, Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail wrote:
>> One suggestion here, http://fedora.my/img/fad.png remixed from fedora
>> remix logo. but I believe the design team have better ideas , or
>> argument why FAD shouldnt get its own logo.
>
> Why not use one of the standard Fedora sublogo templates?
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines#Fedora_Sub-Logos:_Standard_uses_of_the_Fedora_Logo_with_other _elements

like this? : http://fedora.my/img/activityday.png (i think the font
color / ratio is wrong) ..

> Make sure you're using Comfortaa as the sublogo font.

yep using comfortaa in both suggestions above ..

ok .. guess i'll use the sublogo template .. thanks

Old 03-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Buddhike Kurera

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 10:30 PM, Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail
<kagesenshi.87@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/3/23 Máirín Duffy <duffy@fedoraproject.org>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Fri, 2012-03-23 at 00:37 +0800, Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail wrote:
>>> One suggestion here, http://fedora.my/img/fad.png remixed from fedora
>>> remix logo. but I believe the design team have better ideas , or
>>> argument why FAD shouldnt get its own logo.
>>
>> Why not use one of the standard Fedora sublogo templates?
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines#Fedora_Sub-Logos:_Standard_uses_of_the_Fedora_Logo_with_other _elements
>
> like this? : http://fedora.my/img/activityday.png (i think the font
> color / ratio is wrong) ..
>
>> Make sure you're using Comfortaa as the sublogo font.
>
> yep using comfortaa in both suggestions above ..
>
> ok .. guess i'll use the sublogo template .. thanks

Hello

Being clear, the mentioned link is for sub-logos for teams in fedora and
applications in fedora infra.

There is no definition for FADs like for FUDCons. Same as FADs no
branding for release parties as well. I think it is better we come up with a
the discussion on these things.

Branding for FAD and Release parties.
Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera(bckurera)
Fedora Ambassador - APAC region
Event*Liaison*- Design Team

Email:*bckurera@fedoraproject.org*|*IRC: bckurera

Old 03-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Ian Weller

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 10:41:28PM +0530, Buddhike Kurera wrote:
> Being clear, the mentioned link is for sub-logos for teams in fedora and
> applications in fedora infra.
>
> There is no definition for FADs like for FUDCons. Same as FADs no
> branding for release parties as well. I think it is better we come up with a
> the discussion on these things.

I think the sublogo is fine for the FAD. My initial intent was for the
sublogo to have a more broad definition but I seem to remember us
wanting to make sure certain uses were okay first before allowing them.

--
Ian Weller <ian@ianweller.org>