-   -   FUDCon KL 2012 logo design request (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-design-team/641068-fudcon-kl-2012-logo-design-request.html)

Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail 03-05-2012 03:06 PM

FUDCon KL 2012 logo design request

Hi All,

I'm Izhar/KageSenshi , a Malaysian ambassador and the coordinator for
FUDCon KL 2012.

FUDCon KL 2012 just officially approved:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2012-March/003045.html
and we need a logo :)

Some design elements ideas:

http://www.google.com.my/search?q=klcc+twin+tower&tbm=isch
http://www.google.com.my/search?q=malaysian+flag&tbm=isch
http://www.google.com.my/search?q=bunga+raya&tbm=isch
http://www.google.com.my/search?q=malayan+tiger&tbm=isch

The event will be happening on 18th-20th May 2012, so this request is
quite urgent.

Thanks!!!

Ticket: https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/220

http://www.inigo-tech.com
http://blog.kagesenshi.org
92C2 B295 B40B B3DC 6866* 5011 5BD2 584A 8A5D 7331

Buddhika Kurera 03-05-2012 04:10 PM

FUDCon KL 2012 logo design request

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 9:36 PM, Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail
<kagesenshi.87@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm Izhar/KageSenshi , a Malaysian ambassador and the coordinator for
> FUDCon KL 2012.
>
> FUDCon KL 2012 just officially approved:
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2012-March/003045.html
> and we need a logo :)
>
> Some design elements ideas:
>
> * * http://www.google.com.my/search?q=klcc+twin+tower&tbm=isch
> * * http://www.google.com.my/search?q=malaysian+flag&tbm=isch
> * * http://www.google.com.my/search?q=bunga+raya&tbm=isch
> * * http://www.google.com.my/search?q=malayan+tiger&tbm=isch
>
> The event will be happening on 18th-20th May 2012, so this request is
> quite urgent.
>
> Thanks!!!
>
> Ticket: https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/220

Dear Izhar,

I ll be gladly take this task, I am thinking of a logo based on twin towers.
I think that would be the idea landmark everybody will recognize.(any comments?)
I ll forward some mocks by the end of this weekend.

Then we can look for t-shirts and other stuffs.

Dear team mates please forward ideas, concerns.

Thanks

Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera(bckurera)
Fedora Ambassador Sri Lanka
Event*Liaison*- Design Team

Email:*bckurera@fedoraproject.org*|*IRC: bckurera

Mirn Duffy 03-05-2012 05:10 PM

On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 22:40 +0530, Buddhika Kurera wrote:
> I ll be gladly take this task, I am thinking of a logo based on twin towers.
> I think that would be the idea landmark everybody will recognize.(any comments?)
> I ll forward some mocks by the end of this weekend.

I would advise with a short timeline to keep it simple and just do a
basic Fudcon logo without the towers.

> Then we can look for t-shirts and other stuffs.

If you have more time for the T-shirts, the twin towers might be a good
design element there. Make sure to use CC / freely-licensed photography
as the reference.

~m

"S.Kemter" 03-05-2012 05:20 PM

Am Montag, 5. Mrz 2012, 19:10:09 schrieb Mirn Duffy:
> On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 22:40 +0530, Buddhika Kurera wrote:
> > I ll be gladly take this task, I am thinking of a logo based on twin
> > towers. I think that would be the idea landmark everybody will
> > recognize.(any comments?) I ll forward some mocks by the end of this
> > weekend.
>
> I would advise with a short timeline to keep it simple and just do a
> basic Fudcon logo without the towers.
>
> > Then we can look for t-shirts and other stuffs.
>
> If you have more time for the T-shirts, the twin towers might be a good
> design element there. Make sure to use CC / freely-licensed photography
> as the reference.

think the tiger would be the nicer idea, you can do more with it. You even can
create something abstract.

br gnokii

Buddhike Kurera 03-08-2012 05:25 AM

FUDCon KL 2012 logo design request

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 9:36 PM, Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail
<kagesenshi.87@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm Izhar/KageSenshi , a Malaysian ambassador and the coordinator for
> FUDCon KL 2012.
>
> FUDCon KL 2012 just officially approved:
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2012-March/003045.html
> and we need a logo :)
>
> Some design elements ideas:
>
> * * http://www.google.com.my/search?q=klcc+twin+tower&tbm=isch
> * * http://www.google.com.my/search?q=malaysian+flag&tbm=isch
> * * http://www.google.com.my/search?q=bunga+raya&tbm=isch
> * * http://www.google.com.my/search?q=malayan+tiger&tbm=isch
>
> The event will be happening on 18th-20th May 2012, so this request is
> quite urgent.
>
> Thanks!!!

Hello Team,

I am done with the first sketch for the FUDcon logo.
a city view of the KL with the FUDcon text

http://publictest04.fedoraproject.org/artboard/post/view/115

Comments welcome!!

Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail 03-08-2012 05:47 AM

FUDCon KL 2012 logo design request

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Buddhike Kurera
<bckurera@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hello Team,
>
> I am done with the first sketch for the FUDcon logo.
> a city view of the KL with the FUDcon text
>
> http://publictest04.fedoraproject.org/artboard/post/view/115

+1 :D

Suchakra 03-08-2012 11:02 AM

FUDCon KL 2012 logo design request

Hi,

> I am done with the first sketch for the FUDcon logo.
> a city view of the KL with the FUDcon text
>
> http://publictest04.fedoraproject.org/artboard/post/view/115

Nice design but a vectorized perspective view of just the Petronas
towers (somewhat like [1]) and not the skyline over the leaf part of
logo would seem more iconic. Anyways, thats just a personal opinion
though.

Also, I'll try to help you with web buttons as soon as I can.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Petronas_Panorama_II.jpg

Suchakra

Naveed Ahmed 03-12-2012 06:48 AM

FUDCon KL 2012 logo design request

What about just using the section of the towers with just the Skybirdge and above?
*Regards,Naveed

"S.Kemter" 03-12-2012 07:25 AM

Am Montag, 12. Mrz 2012, 08:48:42 schrieb Naveed Ahmed:
> What about just using the section of the towers with just the Skybirdge and
> above?

me is working also on something, right now it looks so:

http://gnokii.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-kl.png

but I am absolutly unhappy with the postion of the tiger

br gnokii

Suchakra 03-12-2012 11:33 AM

FUDCon KL 2012 logo design request

Wow! Looks nice. Fits the mood (I think!) I think a small tiger would just make this perfect. On lighter background, a grey tiger will do good too.