Old 03-14-2012, 03:54 PM
"S.Kemter"

Default FUDCon KL 2012 logo design request

Am Mittwoch, 14. März 2012, 17:36:12 schrieb Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail:
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 12:30 AM, Robyn Bergeron <rbergero@redhat.com>
wrote:
> > On 03/14/2012 09:07 AM, Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail wrote:
> >> hi all,
> >>
> >> I got suggested another design which y'all might want to also consider.
> >>
> >> https://www.google.com.my/search?q=wau+bulan&tbm
> >>
> >> btw.. we're planning to put a final decision on which logo to pick
> >> around 20th may ..
> >
> > 20th April?
>
> ooopss ... 20th _march_ XD , .. sorry >.<
>
> we're planning to launch the site on that date, and start heavy promotion

mmh, sorry but then the 20th of march would be to late for decision which logo
design you want to use. There are maybe some parts to do for the pages, and
giving the designer some hours to do that would be nice or

br gnokii

Old 03-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 12:54 AM, S.Kemter
<buergermeister@karl-tux-stadt.de> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 14. März 2012, 17:36:12 schrieb Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail:
>> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 12:30 AM, Robyn Bergeron <rbergero@redhat.com>
> wrote:

>> > 20th April?
>>
>> ooopss ... 20th _march_ XD , .. sorry >.<
>>
>> we're planning to launch the site on that date, and start heavy promotion
>
> mmh, sorry but then the 20th of march would be to late for decision which logo
> design you want to use. There are maybe some parts to do for the pages, and
> giving the designer some hours to do that would be nice or

currently we're going for a clean quick design for the page, its here:
http://fedora.my/events/fudconkl-testsite/ .. and i'm only thinking of
replacing that logo there

of course if theres anybody want to suggest improvements, feel free
..i'm ok with releasing improvements incrementally..

maybe get the system up and running by 20th, with maybe at most, up to
4 days delay ... event is rather near afterall, and after 20th, we're
down to less than 2 months mark :-)

http://www.inigo-tech.com
http://blog.kagesenshi.org
92C2 B295 B40B B3DC 6866* 5011 5BD2 584A 8A5D 7331

Old 03-14-2012, 04:37 PM
Uditha Bandara Wijerathna

Kagesenshi, nice site. I have a small suggestion, Can you register a dedicated domain like [1] for the event? I don't think it'll be a waste. Because we can use it again for another FUDCon like this. I checked the availability of [1] with [2] and it shows [1] is available. As stated in this page [3] ,For a TLD, I think it'll cost around RM 120.00 .

All these are just suggestions, you can decide whether it should put in to action or not.
And btw the FUDCon logo with the tiger looks pretty nice to me. Great work guys.

- udinnet
*
currently we're going for a clean quick design for the page, its here:

http://fedora.my/events/fudconkl-testsite/ .. and i'm only thinking of

replacing that logo there

of course if theres anybody want to suggest improvements, feel free

..i'm ok with releasing improvements incrementally..

maybe get the system up and running by 20th, with maybe at most, up to

4 days delay ... event is rather near afterall, and after 20th, we're

down to less than 2 months mark :-)

http://www.inigo-tech.com

http://blog.kagesenshi.org

92C2 B295 B40B B3DC 6866* 5011 5BD2 584A 8A5D 7331

- Uditha Bandara Wijerathna -

- Ambassador - Fedora Project for Sri Lanka & APAC -

IRC: udinnet* |**** Email: udinnet@fedoraproject.org

Old 03-14-2012, 04:40 PM
Uditha Bandara Wijerathna

ohh my bad.. forgot to post the links for the above mail. Sorry

here you go..

[1] fudcon.my
[2] http://www.domainregistry.my/en
[3] http://www.domainregistry.my/en/feeschedule.php

- udinnet

Old 03-15-2012, 12:05 AM
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 1:37 AM, Uditha Bandara Wijerathna
<udithabnd@gmail.com> wrote:

> Kagesenshi, nice site. I have a small suggestion, Can you register a
> dedicated domain like [1] for the event? I don't think it'll be a waste.
> Because we can use it again for another FUDCon like this. I checked the
> availability of [1] with [2] and it shows [1] is available. As stated in
> this page [3] ,For a TLD, I think it'll cost around RM 120.00 .

whats wrong with fudcon.fedoraproject.org ? :-) ,

I dont want to register fudcon.my because , well, ain't we're cycling
the event around APAC? :-) . So it'll take a few years more before
i'll bid for KL again :-)

Old 03-15-2012, 01:59 AM
Uditha Bandara Wijerathna

That is fine. I thought according to the way which FUDCon Pune site launched. There we had a fudcon.in domain.
I know the bid is cycling. But eventually you'll get another chance. That is what I meant. * . Will see you at the meeting. We really appreciate your and the MY team's effort regarding FUDCon.

Regards
- udinnet *

Old 03-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Buddhike Kurera

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Buddhike Kurera
<bckurera@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 9:36 PM, Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail
> <kagesenshi.87@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm Izhar/KageSenshi , a Malaysian ambassador and the coordinator for
>> FUDCon KL 2012.
>>
>> FUDCon KL 2012 just officially approved:
>> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2012-March/003045.html
>> and we need a logo
>>
>> Some design elements ideas:
>>
>> * * http://www.google.com.my/search?q=klcc+twin+tower&tbm=isch
>> * * http://www.google.com.my/search?q=malaysian+flag&tbm=isch
>> * * http://www.google.com.my/search?q=bunga+raya&tbm=isch
>> * * http://www.google.com.my/search?q=malayan+tiger&tbm=isch
>>
>> The event will be happening on 18th-20th May 2012, so this request is
>> quite urgent.
>>
>> Thanks!!!
>
> Hello Team,
>
> I am done with the first sketch for the FUDcon logo.
> a city view of the KL with the FUDcon text
>
> http://publictest04.fedoraproject.org/artboard/post/view/115

I did some modifications to the logo I have created earlier.
Adding some fireworks.

http://publictest04.fedoraproject.org/artboard/post/view/116

Earlier one can be found at

http://publictest04.fedoraproject.org/artboard/post/view/115

What I wanted to do is remind the firework concept (associated with
the F17 wallpaper).
The FUDcon and the F17 launch will be in same days(month may be)
So i think adding fireworks is nice and suitable.

I followed the Gnokii's way when creating fireworks, but the positions
are not good as I think.
When using one color it is hard to manage them anyway.
Any help is welcome, make it nice.

PS: I really like the gnokii's tiger as well. I am done with my idea.

Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera(bckurera)
Fedora Ambassador Sri Lanka
Event*Liaison*- Design Team

Email:*bckurera@fedoraproject.org*|*IRC: bckurera