Old 01-15-2012, 02:40 PM
"S.Kemter"

Default Fedora 17 Wallpaper - "fireworks" concept - next step colorization

Hi mizmo and all other artists,

maybe thats a way to render fireworks, of course used my favorite tool Inkscape

http://gnokii.fedorapeople.org/fireworks.png

first draw a star with 25 edges, spoke ratio 0.110, rounded 0.080 and
randomized 0.020

then I made 2 copies of it and added each 2 more edges and scaled them.

now, u can choose, I made path union of them all but u can do the next steps
of each stat alone there will be a better result.

I used the path effect Bend and brought the middle of the control line a little
bit up.

Then I filled it wit a radial gradient (each filled wit a little bit different
looks more cool)
Then I made a copy of them and filled it with white and set down the opacity to
30
Then I used some filter primitives on it, u can find them in
http://gnokii.fedorapeople.org/firework.svg

br gnokii

Old 01-15-2012, 08:58 PM
Alexander Smirnov

Thanks all for feedback!

Yes, of course, we are at a very early stage of the work on the our wallpapers.
This is not the final version.

I concentrated on two aspects:
1. Fireworks as an idea.
2. Abstraction for a unique idea.

This is the first very simple version, and it has many problems.
I want to try to continue this work by changing this variant (or other) based on your opinions and ideas.

Alexander.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Alexander Smirnov

Hi team!

Other "fireworks" color concept [1] for fans of darker.

What do you think about this?

[1] - http://publictest04.fedoraproject.org/artboard/post/view/103

Thanks,
Alexander

Old 01-18-2012, 11:05 AM
"S.Kemter"

Am Montag, 16. Januar 2012, 16:30:07 schrieb Máirín Duffy:
> Hi Gnokii!!!
>
> On Sun, 2012-01-15 at 16:40 +0100, S.Kemter wrote:
> > Hi mizmo and all other artists,
> >
> > maybe thats a way to render fireworks, of course used my favorite tool
> > Inkscape
> >
> > http://gnokii.fedorapeople.org/fireworks.png
>
> This is an awesome technique!! Would you mind writing it up as a Fedora
> Planet post? Maybe folks can give it a try and submit their designs to
> us to help Alexander and the rest of us brainstorm on the rendering?

I took some time this morning and made an screencast about it:

http://vimeo.com/35248796

br gnokii

Old 01-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Alexander Smirnov

Hi team!

The next iteration my "fireworks" wallpaper concept [1].
Test screenshots for various desktops and source here [2].

[1] - http://publictest04.fedoraproject.org/artboard/post/view/107/

[2] - http://inkscaper.fedorapeople.org/Fedora17/Wallpaper/v2/

Thanks,
Alexander.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:48 PM
"S.Kemter"

Am Dienstag, 24. Januar 2012, 22:46:39 schrieb Alexander Smirnov:
> Thanks Martin, Onyeibo and other...
>
> I posted update latest version of my "fireworks" concept [1].
> Maybe it's first step to polish the alpha wallpaper?

I dont like it, I dont know the "stripes" arround look not so nice, the one
before was better but I know on that one the "kicking" point was missing.

maybe more something like this
http://publictest04.fedoraproject.org/artboard/post/view/109

just my opinion

br gnokii

Old 01-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Alexander Smirnov

Hi team!

In the last three evenings I teached Inkscape for students (12-14 years). I conducted an experiment asking them to put a wallpaper desktop selected from standard wallpaper from Gnome, Fedora's 11-16 and some versions of my concepts (they don`t know this). I was very surprised by the results of the experiment. First place is my last variant - 50 % !!!, second wallpaper of F13 - 25%, third - F12, F16 -* 10% and all other - 5%. This is the choice of a new generation of users Linux, Fedora and other open source software And surprisingly they like GNOME 3 is more, than experienced users.

Thanks,
Alexander.