-   -   For a simple professionnal oriented wallpaper (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-design-team/617741-simple-professionnal-oriented-wallpaper.html)

Didier G 01-05-2012 09:42 PM

For a simple professionnal oriented wallpaper

Hello design-team,

I use Fedora since release 5 for both professional and personal usage at
office and at home.

For each release you do a great job with custom wallpaper but I will
appreciate to find, from release to release, a professional wallpaper
very basic designed for people who spend twelve hours or more on their
screen.

This simple basic wallpaper could be just a uniform fedora blue #3c6eb4
wallpaper or a degraded wallpaper from fedora blue #3c6eb4 to Fedora
dark blue #294172 both with an Infinity logo in the bottom right corner.

Of course, this wallpaper shourd be available for both 4:3 and 16:9 screens.

An other thing I will appreciate to find from release to release will be
a Gnome theme just to replace grey in windows bars and menus by a Fedora
"light" blue to have consistence with distribution.

Thanks for attention.

Didier.

Máirín Duffy 01-05-2012 09:54 PM

On Thu, 2012-01-05 at 23:42 +0100, Didier G wrote:
> For each release you do a great job with custom wallpaper but I will
> appreciate to find, from release to release, a professional wallpaper
> very basic designed for people who spend twelve hours or more on their
> screen.

could you qualify what you mean by 'professional' with some examples of
wallpapers that are acceptable to you?

thanks,
~m

Kris Thomsen 01-05-2012 10:16 PM

For a simple professionnal oriented wallpaper

Hi,

I know its not with the affinity-logo, but you could just make a simple gradient with the two fedora blue colors in "Background" in "System Settings" in GNOME Shell.

Maybe that will work out until you find something better? :)

// Kris

Didier G 01-05-2012 10:24 PM

Máirín Duffy wrote :

could you qualify what you mean by 'professional' with some examples of
wallpapers that are acceptable to you?

thanks,
~m

By professional I mean something very neutral...

For example something like: that http://pix.toile-libre.org/upload/original/1325805136.png

It's very simple and very easy to create but with Infinity logo and you can share it with colleagues, customers, visitors, ... because it is very neutral...

Ideally the background should not be uniform to avoid visible dead pixels.

Christoph Wickert 01-06-2012 08:14 AM

Am Donnerstag, den 05.01.2012, 23:42 +0100 schrieb Didier G:
> Hello design-team,
>
> I use Fedora since release 5 for both professional and personal usage at
> office and at home.
>
> For each release you do a great job with custom wallpaper but I will
> appreciate to find, from release to release, a professional wallpaper
> very basic designed for people who spend twelve hours or more on their
> screen.

Hi Didier,

the default artwork - and this includes the wallpaper - cannot be
completely neutral because it is meant to visually pick up the release
name. This makes every release of Fedora unique and it's a pleasure to
see how the design-team deals with this new challenge every release.

Kind regards,
Christoph

Buddhika Kurera 01-06-2012 10:03 AM

For a simple professionnal oriented wallpaper

Hello,

I think we can add a wallpaper(like Didier mentioned) to the
supplementary wallpaper list so that
people who want to use such a wallpaper will be happy.
We can include the release number as F16 and so on on each wallpaper.
I ll submit a mock when the work is finished.

Am Donnerstag, den 05.01.2012, 23:42 +0100 schrieb Didier G:
> Hello design-team,
>
> I use Fedora since release 5 for both professional and personal usage at
> office and at home.
>
> For each release you do a great job with custom wallpaper but I will
> appreciate to find, from release to release, a professional wallpaper
> very basic designed for people who spend twelve hours or more on their
> screen.

Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera(bckurera)
Fedora Ambassador Sri Lanka
Event*Liaison*- Design Team

Email:*bckurera@fedoraproject.org*|*IRC: bckurera

"Onyeibo Oku" 01-06-2012 10:06 AM

For a simple professionnal oriented wallpaper

+1

from twohot@device.mobile :)

I think we can add a wallpaper(like Didier mentioned) to the
supplementary wallpaper list so that
people who want to use such a wallpaper will be happy.
We can include the release number as F16 and so on on each wallpaper.
I ll submit a mock when the work is finished.

Am Donnerstag, den 05.01.2012, 23:42 +0100 schrieb Didier G:
> Hello design-team,
>
> I use Fedora since release 5 for both professional and personal usage at
> office and at home.
>
> For each release you do a great job with custom wallpaper but I will
> appreciate to find, from release to release, a professional wallpaper
> very basic designed for people who spend twelve hours or more on their
> screen.

Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera(bckurera)
Fedora Ambassador Sri Lanka
Event*Liaison*- Design Team

Email:*bckurera@fedoraproject.org*|*IRC: bckurera

01-06-2012 10:16 AM

For a simple professionnal oriented wallpaper

Hi,

+1 too :)

Thanks !

Kris Thomsen 01-06-2012 10:22 AM

For a simple professionnal oriented wallpaper

+1 from me too :)

// Kris