Old 12-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Default Ask Fedora update

Hi

Ask Fedora http://ask.fedoraproject.org is now running the latest Askbot
with a new default theme. Due to change in the template and theme
format, we haven't applied a custom Fedora theme. Still looking for
help from someone with knowledge on CSS and maybe design custom buttons etc

We are looking for help on creating a mascot, logo. If you are
interested in participating, do let me know.

Rahul

Old 12-07-2011, 01:56 AM
Ryan Lerch

I am still keen to do this for you guys.

cheers,
ryanlerch

Old 12-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Suchakra

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 3:32 PM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Ask Fedora http://ask.fedoraproject.org is now running the latest Askbot
> with a new default theme. * Due to change in the template and theme
> format, we haven't applied a custom Fedora theme. *Still looking for
> help from someone with knowledge on CSS and maybe design custom buttons etc

Here is an initial rough mockup [1] done using CSS. Its a WIP
strictly. I tried to keep the look and feel similar to the main site.
And yes, the logo is just a dummy one. Will be changed soon. I'm
willing to test it on staging instance. Rahul, can you help me on
that?

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design/AskFedoraSkin#Idea_.231

Suchakra

Old 12-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Rahul Sundaram

On 12/10/2011 07:19 PM, Suchakra wrote:

> Here is an initial rough mockup [1] done using CSS. Its a WIP
> strictly. I tried to keep the look and feel similar to the main site.
> And yes, the logo is just a dummy one. Will be changed soon. I'm
> willing to test it on staging instance. Rahul, can you help me on
> that?
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design/AskFedoraSkin#Idea_.231

Staging instance was updated to the latest version and has run into
Django 1.2x compatibility issue. Upstream has been informed and once
this issue is fixed, you can login and test this change.

Thanks for working on this.

Rahul

Old 12-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Rahul Sundaram

On 12/10/2011 07:19 PM, Suchakra wrote:

> Here is an initial rough mockup [1] done using CSS. Its a WIP
> strictly. I tried to keep the look and feel similar to the main site.
> And yes, the logo is just a dummy one. Will be changed soon. I'm
> willing to test it on staging instance. Rahul, can you help me on
> that?
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design/AskFedoraSkin#Idea_.2

Staging instance is now fixed. You should be able to login and try the
new CSS via settings. If there is a problem, ping me offlist or via IRC

Rahul