Old 12-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Máirín Duffy

Default Fedora 17 Wallpaper Plan

Hi pandas, hotdogs, ninjas, pirates, and others,

So Martin awesomely put together a schedule for us for F17:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F17_Artwork/Schedule

Over the past couple of weeks we've had some informal conversations
about our plan for the wallpaper and gnokii suggested a writeup to the
whole list so we're all on the same page. The action will be taking
place on our artboard:

http://publictest04.fedoraproject.org/artboard/

THE DEFAULT F17 WALLPAPER

Sketch submission deadline: 27 December (Tuesday)

- SUBJECT: The default wallpaper should be abstract... the Beefy
Miracle, while a cute and funny character, doesn't really make for a
good default wallpaper because characters stand out a lot, and a default
wallpaper should get out of the user's way and not distract them. Tatica
proposed a nice color-change-over-time-of-day abstract wallpaper and I
think this is a great idea.

- PROCESS: We'll follow the same process using the artboard, of posting
sketches and coming up with mockups according to the schedule. Martin's
instructions apply:

* start working on the concept on the artboard [3], please think about
a name for the concept and tag it with (at least) two tags: 'f17' and
'concept-name' (where concept-name stands for the actual name of the
concept). It's to easily find, comment and share the work.
* Once you think you have a representative image for the concept,
please upload it to the wiki submission page [4]. Add there the name
of the concept, description of the concept (basic idea behind the
concept) and link to the artboard tag containing the other images.
This is for easily identifying concepts that are 'competing' for the
F17 artwork.

SUPPLEMENTAL WALLPAPERS

We could make the sketch submission deadline the same here: 27 December
(Tuesday)

- SUBJECT: We still want to celebrate the victory of Beefy's Fedora 17
official name status, so we'll produce a special wallpaper package
(perhaps instead of a new supplemental package this release?) with a set
of fun hot dog-themed wallpapers.

- PROCESS: We can use the artboard for the Beefy wallpapers as well, but
instead use the tags: 'beefy' and 'concept-name' where concept-name is
your beefy concept name.

Does this make sense to everybody? What do you think? Read to get
started?!

I'm going to start a separate thread for Beefy wallpaper
brainstorming

~m