FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Design Team

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-15-2011, 05:11 AM
Suchakra
 
Default Design for Ask Fedora

Dear Team,

We all must be aware by now, of the release of Ask Fedora [1]. Its
picking up pace and we need good design/artwork otherwise it can lead
to negative publicity. Akbot seems to be working fine in terms of
functionality and we just need good skinning/logo for the time being.
I made some changes to the css (colour changes etc sometime back)
which is just a temporary job. We even have a skin code repo from some
Ubuntu guys who tried to do something similar for Askbot (Rahul has
the links I think) It can be used as a reference. There are some other
examples of good skins for Askbot which maybe he can share on this
thread too so we can got going. I can start working on some
mascot/logo - some remixed job from OCAL I think There's a ticket
already open [2] and some discussion already went through. Please help
in adding beauty to this effort. Thanks

[1] http://ask.fedoraproject.org
[2] https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/199

Suchakra
_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 
Old 11-15-2011, 01:52 PM
Rahul Sundaram
 
Default Design for Ask Fedora

On 11/15/2011 11:41 AM, Suchakra wrote:
> Dear Team,
>
> We all must be aware by now, of the release of Ask Fedora [1]. Its
> picking up pace and we need good design/artwork otherwise it can lead
> to negative publicity. Akbot seems to be working fine in terms of
> functionality and we just need good skinning/logo for the time being.
> I made some changes to the css (colour changes etc sometime back)
> which is just a temporary job. We even have a skin code repo from some
> Ubuntu guys who tried to do something similar for Askbot (Rahul has
> the links I think) It can be used as a reference. There are some other
> examples of good skins for Askbot which maybe he can share on this
> thread too so we can got going.

The template has changed in the last few versions along with a new
default upstream theme as can been seen in
http://test.askbot.org/en/questions/ . I have pushed 0.7.29 today for
Rawhide, Fedora 16 and EPEL 6 and we will get it running on the staging
instance soon to test it out. If anyone wants to help with customizing
the theme, take a look at this instance. Instructions on setting it up
is at

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ask_Fedora_SOP

Rahul
_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 
Old 11-15-2011, 09:29 PM
Ryan Lerch
 
Default Design for Ask Fedora

On Wed 16 Nov 2011 00:52:56 EST, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 11/15/2011 11:41 AM, Suchakra wrote:
>> Dear Team,
>>
>> We all must be aware by now, of the release of Ask Fedora [1]. Its
>> picking up pace and we need good design/artwork otherwise it can lead
>> to negative publicity. Akbot seems to be working fine in terms of
>> functionality and we just need good skinning/logo for the time being.
>> I made some changes to the css (colour changes etc sometime back)
>> which is just a temporary job. We even have a skin code repo from some
>> Ubuntu guys who tried to do something similar for Askbot (Rahul has
>> the links I think) It can be used as a reference. There are some other
>> examples of good skins for Askbot which maybe he can share on this
>> thread too so we can got going.
>
> The template has changed in the last few versions along with a new
> default upstream theme as can been seen in
> http://test.askbot.org/en/questions/ . I have pushed 0.7.29 today for
> Rawhide, Fedora 16 and EPEL 6 and we will get it running on the staging
> instance soon to test it out. If anyone wants to help with customizing
> the theme, take a look at this instance. Instructions on setting it up
> is at
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ask_Fedora_SOP
>
> Rahul
> _______________________________________________
> design-team mailing list
> design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team

Just grabbed the ticket!

Happy to work on getting the CSS freshened up. The ticket mentioned
that there might be a test server to play with styles and such, how do
i go about getting access to that?

In the meantime, i will have a crack at setting up a local instance of
askbot and having a play.

cheers,
ryanlerch
_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 
Old 11-16-2011, 01:55 AM
Rahul Sundaram
 
Default Design for Ask Fedora

On 11/16/2011 03:59 AM, Ryan Lerch wrote:

>
> Just grabbed the ticket!

Thanks

>
> Happy to work on getting the CSS freshened up. The ticket mentioned that
> there might be a test server to play with styles and such, how do i go
> about getting access to that?

There isn't a test server anymore. Talk to nirik in #fedora-admin for
staging server access.

Rahul
_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 
Old 11-16-2011, 07:35 AM
Elad
 
Default Design for Ask Fedora

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 12:29 AM, Ryan Lerch <rlerch@redhat.com> wrote:





On Wed 16 Nov 2011 00:52:56 EST, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> On 11/15/2011 11:41 AM, Suchakra wrote:

>> Dear Team,

>>

>> We all must be aware by now, of the release of Ask Fedora [1]. Its

>> picking up pace and we need good design/artwork otherwise it can lead

>> to negative publicity. Akbot seems to be working fine in terms of

>> functionality and we just need good skinning/logo for the time being.

>> I made some changes to the css (colour changes etc sometime back)

>> which is just a temporary job. We even have a skin code repo from some

>> Ubuntu guys who tried to do something similar for Askbot (Rahul has

>> the links I think) It can be used as a reference. There are some other

>> examples of good skins for Askbot which maybe he can share on this

>> thread too so we can got going.

>

> The template has changed in the last few versions along with a new

> default upstream theme as can been seen in

> http://test.askbot.org/en/questions/ . I have pushed 0.7.29 today for

> Rawhide, Fedora 16 and EPEL 6 and we will get it running on the staging

> instance soon to test it out. *If anyone wants to help with customizing

> the theme, take a look at this instance. *Instructions on setting it up

> is at

>

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ask_Fedora_SOP

>

> Rahul

> _______________________________________________

> design-team mailing list

> design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org

> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team



Just grabbed the ticket!



Happy to work on getting the CSS freshened up. The ticket mentioned

that there might be a test server to play with styles and such, how do

i go about getting access to that?



In the meantime, i will have a crack at setting up a local instance of

askbot and having a play.



cheers,

ryanlerch

_______________________________________________

design-team mailing list

design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-teamI suggest a design similar to fedoraproject.org

I'd be happy to help you with the design, if you need my help.

--
-Elad Alfassa.


_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 
Old 11-18-2011, 06:47 AM
Rahul Sundaram
 
Default Design for Ask Fedora

On 11/16/2011 03:59 AM, Ryan Lerch wrote:

> Just grabbed the ticket!
>
> Happy to work on getting the CSS freshened up. The ticket mentioned that
> there might be a test server to play with styles and such, how do i go
> about getting access to that?

The stg instance is now updated to the latest version and has the new
default theme.

http://ask.stg.fedoraproject.org/questions/

If you login and let me know your id, I can make you a admin of that
instance and you can play around with CSS etc via the web interface live
settings itself.

Rahul
_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 
Old 11-18-2011, 08:42 AM
Suchakra
 
Default Design for Ask Fedora

This is cool! I already have the access.* Maybe Ryan and me can work together on artwork and css. Let's see if we can come up with an initial design.


Suchakra

On Nov 18, 2011 1:17 PM, "Rahul Sundaram" <metherid@gmail.com> wrote:
On 11/16/2011 03:59 AM, Ryan Lerch wrote:



> Just grabbed the ticket!

>

> Happy to work on getting the CSS freshened up. The ticket mentioned that

> there might be a test server to play with styles and such, how do i go

> about getting access to that?



The stg instance is now updated to the latest version and has the new

default theme.



http://ask.stg.fedoraproject.org/questions/



If you login and let me know your id, I can make you a admin of that

instance and you can play around with CSS etc via the web interface live

settings itself.



Rahul


_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 
Old 11-26-2011, 07:46 PM
Rahul Sundaram
 
Default Design for Ask Fedora

On 11/16/2011 03:59 AM, Ryan Lerch wrote:

>
> Just grabbed the ticket!
>
> Happy to work on getting the CSS freshened up. The ticket mentioned that
> there might be a test server to play with styles and such, how do i go
> about getting access to that?
>
> In the meantime, i will have a crack at setting up a local instance of
> askbot and having a play.

Any update on this? The staging instance is open for you or anyone else
interested to login and test changes

http://ask.stg.fedoraproject.org/

Rahul
_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 
Old 11-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Suchakra
 
Default Design for Ask Fedora

> This is a known issue with the current theme. * What we need is someone
> with knowledge on CSS to help fix such problems and design a Fedora
> theme that matches fedoraproject.org
>
> Rahul

I am trying to do that - will take some amount of time. Will send more
updates with screenshots. Also, the mascot and logo is still left (I
promised to deliver that sometime back) I am waiting for OCAL infra to
be up so I can get some more ideas. In the meantime, send ideas for
the same. I have thought for something like this [1] or [2] but with a
fedora logo - Its a cliché but still would look cool on a tee (if we
plan to have one someday)

[1] http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/Superman2.jpg
[2] http://www.artizans.com/images/previews/KIE258.pvw.jpg

Suchakra
_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 
Old 11-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Suchakra
 
Default Design for Ask Fedora

NIcu's remix at [1] is a suitable candidate too (i don't know if
its been used somewhere officially)

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Artwork_Mascot_arara4_n.png

Suchakra
_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:55 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org