-   -   Experience, Introduction (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-design-team/598059-experience-introduction.html)

Brandy Courtade 11-14-2011 05:01 AM

Experience, Introduction

I was a little confused about the process described, but it says to "introduce yourself to the list" so it seemed like this was the way to go. My professional design experience is rather limited, but I've spent my whole life honing my artistic skills, primarily in drawing, but I've done digital design as well and have used GIMP as well, in addition to basic HTML/CSS coding. I'm willing to learn and think this would be a great opportunity to be involved in the Fedora community, as I recently installed Fedora 16 onto my netbook.

Klaatu 11-15-2011 12:52 AM

Experience, Introduction

Yes welcome to Fedora, and the art list. I think you'll find everyone on the
list pretty friendly! I don't know how much "open source" experience you
have, but I will say that in my experience so far, a lot of it involves
locating something that needs to get done and then just doing it.

Good place to start with that is:
https://fedorahosted.org/design-
team/report/1/DesignService|?sort=created&asc=0

Welcome!

--klaatu

> I was a little confused about the process described, but it says to
> "introduce yourself to the list" so it seemed like this was the way to go.
> My professional design experience is rather limited, but I've spent my
> whole life honing my artistic skills, primarily in drawing, but I've done
> digital design as well and have used GIMP as well, in addition to basic
> HTML/CSS coding. I'm willing to learn and think this would be a great
> opportunity to be involved in the Fedora community, as I recently installed
> Fedora 16 onto my netbook.
- klaatu