FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Martin Sourada
 
Default F17 Artwork

Hi all,

I started preparing the needed wiki infra for F17 artwork. Name is
already done, F16 is behind the doors so we should start working on it,
right? However, there were some changes recently to what is needed and
to our workflow, so I'd like to first check how we'd like to manage
Beefy Miracle's artwork and what will be done.

So first, I suppose we'd be doing:
* Default Wallpaper:
- Split into concept phase, alpha phase, beta phase and final phase.
- Will we use wiki or artboard?
* Supplemental Wallpapers:
- Will we keep the [unintentional] every-even-release selection, or
will we try to make the selection for each release?
* Banners:
- Alpha release;
- Beta release;
- counter;
- Final release;
- Screenshot tour or whatever is put on our front page after
release?
* CD/DVD Sleeves;
* posters:
- Does it make sense to include release party and other related
marketing material on release artwork wiki page?
* Banners and splashes:
- I suppose all of the should be general now, right? Are they
finished and looking nice?
- What do we use for plymouth? Is it synced with KDE splash look?
- What about DM themes? KDM is themed generally, only with BG picture
to change, or does it carry some theme specific theme still?
- It would be probably good idea to review the boot sequence of our
desktop spins (GNOME, KDE, XFCE, LXDE) if the splashes and themes
shown are consistent, release independent and at most carry a
release specific wallpaper as background.

Anything else? Anything wrong?

And of course for all artists: start working on your concept
submissions! ;-)

Cheers,
Martin
_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 
Old 11-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Jaroslav Reznik
 
Default F17 Artwork

Hi Martin!
For Plasma questions see my comments inline.

----- Original Message -----
> * Banners and splashes:
> - I suppose all of the should be general now, right? Are they
> finished and looking nice?
> - What do we use for plymouth? Is it synced with KDE splash look?
> - What about DM themes? KDM is themed generally, only with BG
> picture
> to change, or does it carry some theme specific theme still?

It's not synced yet, is there any new Plymouth theme to sync with?

The thing is - we have Plymouth, then KDM, it's themed (using the
wallpaper), then if you switch back to Plymouth styling of splash,
you're screwed.

So the question is - what are the intentions with Plymouth and splash
screens?

> - It would be probably good idea to review the boot sequence of our
> desktop spins (GNOME, KDE, XFCE, LXDE) if the splashes and themes
> shown are consistent, release independent and at most carry a
> release specific wallpaper as background.

Does this mean Gnome is going to have splash screen again? Probably
should, as you never know if Shell is still starting or it already
crashed.

For KDM/KSplash styling:
It's all styled/themed but for a several releases I just change the
wallpaper, no time to play with it and out of ideas .

It's probably going to change quite a lot soon - with KDM getting
Plasma/QML based greeter, same for KSplash and QML version - QML is
something that gives us a lot of opportunities, especially for
designers. I'd like to use it more within at least our spin.

Jaroslav

> Anything else? Anything wrong?
>
> And of course for all artists: start working on your concept
> submissions! ;-)
>
> Cheers,
> Martin
>
> _______________________________________________
> design-team mailing list
> design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:22 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org