Old 09-14-2011, 04:37 PM
María Leandro

Default Logo: FUDcon Blacksburg

Thanks to the excellent work of the Fedora design team, they have been making some custom logos using as a basis the original logo to personalize them according to each location. The FUDcon is held 4 times a year, one for each region (APAC: Asia, NA: North america, LATAM: Latinamerica, EMEA: Europe).

Now, This is the logo that so far, will be used for the next FUDcon NA, which will be held in Blacksburg, but we need your opinion and ideas… tell us, What do you think?

http://bit.ly/otaFc4

--
tatica
Maria Gracia Leandro

LinuxUser= 440285* GPG Public Key: E1CDCC56

Old 09-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Máirín Duffy

Hi Tatica,

On Wed, 2011-09-14 at 12:07 -0430, Mar*a Leandro wrote:
> Thanks to the excellent work of the Fedora design team, they have been
> making some custom logos using as a basis the original logo to
> personalize them according to each location. The FUDcon is held 4
> times a year, one for each region (APAC: Asia, NA: North america,
> LATAM: Latinamerica, EMEA: Europe).
>
> Now, This is the logo that so far, will be used for the next FUDcon
> NA, which will be held in Blacksburg, but we need your opinion and
> ideas… tell us, What do you think?

That's not the logo gnokii and I finalized on. The one gnokii decided on
is the second up from the bottom right here:

http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/fudcon/blacksburg%
202011/blacksburg2.png

(SVG in parent directory)

~m

Old 09-14-2011, 07:12 PM
Mara Leandro

Hello Mo

This logo has some modifications that Ben request on the weekly meetings for FUDcon, using as base the one you made.

Saludos

--
tatica

Old 09-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Mirn Duffy

On Wed, 2011-09-14 at 14:42 -0430, Mara Leandro wrote:
> Hello Mo
>
> This logo has some modifications that Ben request on the weekly
> meetings for FUDcon, using as base the one you made.

What are the modifications? The one gnokii and I came up with were
because of Ben's concern that the feathers were too indicative of Native
American headdresses.

Is there any public log I can refer to in order to understand what
happened?

Thanks,
~m

Old 09-14-2011, 09:11 PM
"S.Kemter"

Hello,

> > This logo has some modifications that Ben request on the weekly
> > meetings for FUDcon, using as base the one you made.
>
> What are the modifications? The one gnokii and I came up with were
> because of Ben's concern that the feathers were too indicative of Native
> American headdresses.
>
> Is there any public log I can refer to in order to understand what
> happened?

I fear he never saw ur proposal, thats why we didnt get feedback on it. I know
that something went wrong since around 14 days.
When in the last meeting not happend such a fight for senseless things, I had
said or asked about it

br gnokii

Old 09-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Mara Leandro

I only remove 2 feathers from the bottom side, nothing else was changed and that's why I send the mockup everywhere, to get feedback.
if you see my mail, I say that this logo was made by the team, i only change what was asked and ask for feedback. is the same logo with a microscopic change; if was a bad thing to make this changes, forgive me.

FUDcon meetings are held on wednesdays, everyone is invited.
Saludos

Old 09-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Mirn Duffy

The owner of the Blacksburg logo design ticket should have passed the
proposal over to Ben. I don't know who owns the ticket. It could have
been our fault for not passing the decision over. I had thought your
email was cc'ed to the list gnokii but it wasn't.

Tatica, if you're the owner of the ticket then it's up to you what you'd
like to do. I am not a fan of the proposed logo; it's based on a scratch
drawing and I think the one gnokii and I came up with is a stronger
design.

On Wed, 2011-09-14 at 23:11 +0200, S.Kemter wrote:
> I fear he never saw ur proposal, thats why we didnt get feedback on it. I know
> that something went wrong since around 14 days.
> When in the last meeting not happend such a fight for senseless things, I had
> said or asked about it

We have a mailing list too; the meeting isn't the only time to bring up
stuff and is probably not the best...

At this point I'd prefer to drop meetings entirely and just have weekly
status mails sent to the list since we were already having weeks of
meeting attendance issues. The list is better for everyone across
timezones to keep up with everything going on I think. Any opinions?

~m

Old 09-14-2011, 09:36 PM
Mirn Duffy

On Wed, 2011-09-14 at 16:58 -0430, Mara Leandro wrote:
> I only remove 2 feathers from the bottom side, nothing else was
> changed and that's why I send the mockup everywhere, to get feedback.

Good.

> if you see my mail, I say that this logo was made by the team, i only
> change what was asked and ask for feedback. is the same logo with a
> microscopic change; if was a bad thing to make this changes, forgive
> me.

We work as a team and that is important, but we also do need to identify
someone who is accountable for seeing this design through the
completion. Is that you, is that gnokii, or do we need someone to step
up and take ownership of this project to figure out the next step?

It might have been better to ask for a status update on the logo design
since the process was already happening here on the list but taking the
initative to move this forward as you have is appreciated.

I do not see a ticket for the Blacksburg logo in our trac queue besides
the original SVG request Ian filled
(https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/190), forgive me if I am
missing it.

> FUDcon meetings are held on wednesdays, everyone is invited.

Understood, and I very much appreciate your taking the time to send this
out via mailing list to those of us who cannot attend every Fedora
meeting, especially during the two weeks before our beta release which
is a very hectic time for last-minute changes.

~m