Old 09-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Máirín Duffy

Default Beta background update

Hi Martin,

I was able to polish the alpha wallpaper suitably for beta; if possible
it would be cool to get into beta:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F16_Artwork#Wallpaper

The polish is mostly around the rocks & lighting; I also added more
icebergs.

~m

Old 09-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Martin Sourada

Hi Máirín,

On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 14:07:33 -0400
Máirín Duffy wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> I was able to polish the alpha wallpaper suitably for beta; if
> possible it would be cool to get into beta:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F16_Artwork#Wallpaper
>
> The polish is mostly around the rocks & lighting; I also added more
> icebergs.

Either I'm blind (possible, I'm a bit tired now) or you've made a
mistake somewhere. The linked images contain *-alpha-* in name and look
to me exactly the same as what I have on desktop (which is aplha
version of the wallpaper).

Martin

Old 09-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Máirín Duffy

On Tue, 2011-09-06 at 21:13 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> Either I'm blind (possible, I'm a bit tired now) or you've made a
> mistake somewhere. The linked images contain *-alpha-* in name and look
> to me exactly the same as what I have on desktop (which is aplha
> version of the wallpaper).

I mistakenly uploaded them as revisions on the alpha wallpapers that
were there. They are different. Click on them to view full size:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F16-alpha-wallpaper-wide.png

See the revisions?

The most visible change is the rocks... You may need to shift+reload to
see the new graphics because our Mediawiki is very sticky...

~m

Old 09-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Martin Sourada

On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 15:16:57 -0400
Máirín Duffy wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-09-06 at 21:13 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> > Either I'm blind (possible, I'm a bit tired now) or you've made a
> > mistake somewhere. The linked images contain *-alpha-* in name and
> > look to me exactly the same as what I have on desktop (which is
> > aplha version of the wallpaper).
>
> I mistakenly uploaded them as revisions on the alpha wallpapers that
> were there. They are different. Click on them to view full size:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F16-alpha-wallpaper-wide.png

Aah, yes, we can sort that out later, anytime ;-)

> See the revisions?
>
> The most visible change is the rocks... You may need to shift+reload
> to see the new graphics because our Mediawiki is very sticky...

Yup, the shift-reload helped.

Martin

Old 09-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Martin Sourada

Máirín Duffy wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> I was able to polish the alpha wallpaper suitably for beta; if
> possible it would be cool to get into beta:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F16_Artwork#Wallpaper
>
> The polish is mostly around the rocks & lighting; I also added more
> icebergs.
>
> ~m

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/verne-backgrounds-15.92.1-1.fc16

karma needed.