Old 08-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Elad

Default Fedora 16 Grub 2 theme

Hi everyone.

Is anyone working on a grub 2 theme for fedora 16? If we start now we might finish it in time, so we should better hurry, unless we want an ugly black screen boot menu.Grub 2 has powerful theme-ing options, and the background doesn't have to be low color as in grub legacy.

More documentation here: http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html#Theme-file-format
I think we should implement something similar to Mo's idea (that was originally for syslinux), https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/UX_Redesign/Syslinux

Unfortunately, I don't know where to start and I don't have an F16 testing machine available, so I can't do it myself.
--
-Elad Alfassa.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:42 AM
Chris Jones

Is anyone working on a grub 2 theme for fedora 16? If we start now we might finish it in time, so we should better hurry, unless we want an ugly black screen boot menu.Grub 2 has powerful theme-ing options, and the background doesn't have to be low color as in grub legacy.

More documentation here: http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html#Theme-file-format
I think we should implement something similar to Mo's idea (that was originally for syslinux), https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/UX_Redesign/Syslinux

Unfortunately, I don't know where to start and I don't have an F16 testing machine available, so I can't do it myself.
--
-Elad Alfassa.

I have run BURG previously on Ubuntu. It has awesome support for themes etc. It might be worth taking a look at this perhaps.

Regards

Chris Jones