Old 08-26-2011, 06:23 PM
Patrick Connelly

Default Supplemental backgrounds

Good news! We've got the OK and verification of CC info for all the
supplemental backgrounds [1]. Now, on to packaging!

Martin: Let me know if you need anything from myself or anyone else on the team.

--pcon

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F16_Artwork/Submissions/Supplemental_Wallpapers#Selected_Backgrounds

Old 08-26-2011, 11:38 PM
Martin Sourada

Hi Patrick,

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 14:23:05 -0400
Patrick Connelly wrote:

> Good news! We've got the OK and verification of CC info for all the
> supplemental backgrounds [1]. Now, on to packaging!
>
> Martin: Let me know if you need anything from myself or anyone else
> on the team.

I can look into it no sooner than Sunday, but if any issue comes up,
I'll ask you ;-)

As a quick start: I usually need the image (we obviously have
that ;-)), name or nick of the submitter and some contact to him (either
an e-mail or a web page), name of the wallpaper, and license. From a
quick look it seems we don't have any contact to Karl Abbott and Elena
Hernanz on the wiki [1], otherwise it seems good. If you could provide
me with those it would be helpful!

Cheers,
Martin

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F16_Artwork/Submissions/Supplemental_Wallpapers

PS: Forgive me if I'm not entirely clear (or have too much grammar
errors, or made some dumb mistakes), I've drunk some alcohol with
friends prior to writing this message. Thanks.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:45 PM
Patrick Connelly

I will get the information for both of them and will update the wiki
as soon as I can.

--Patrick

Old 09-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Martin Sourada

Patrick Connelly wrote:

> Good news! We've got the OK and verification of CC info for all the
> supplemental backgrounds [1]. Now, on to packaging!

Got a little bit busy, but finally done. Please add karma here:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/verne-backgrounds-15.92.0-1.fc16

It's almost done (the attribution is only a stub so far, it has only
names or nicknames, not whole name + nick + contact), I was doing it
half-off-line and forgot to fill in the missing bits before building...
I will finish that together with beta wallpapers -- what's the progress
on that front?

Patrick, unless I'm not fully up2date, there's still contact to one
person missing (her userpage on wiki doesn't exist). If you have the
contact, it's ok to just e-mail it to me, thanks

Cheers,
Martin

Old 09-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Máirín Duffy

On Tue, 2011-09-06 at 12:26 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> It's almost done (the attribution is only a stub so far, it has only
> names or nicknames, not whole name + nick + contact), I was doing it
> half-off-line and forgot to fill in the missing bits before building...
> I will finish that together with beta wallpapers -- what's the progress
> on that front?

I'm sorry to say there may not be a beta wallpaper update. If I can have
something ready end of today I'll send it to you; otherwise assume there
won't be an update until final.

~m

Old 09-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Patrick Connelly

Martin,

The last user that we need an email from I have not gotten back from.
I contacted them via Flickr's messaging system and got an ACK to use
it. However, I have not gotten a reply back w/ their email.

--pcon

Old 09-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Martin Sourada

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 09:50:08 -0400
Patrick Connelly wrote:

> Martin,
>
> The last user that we need an email from I have not gotten back from.
> I contacted them via Flickr's messaging system and got an ACK to use
> it. However, I have not gotten a reply back w/ their email.

Actually, IMHO link to the Flickr account would suffice.

Cheers,
Martin

Old 09-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Martin Sourada

On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 09:31:37 -0400
Máirín Duffy wrote:
> I'm sorry to say there may not be a beta wallpaper update. If I can
> have something ready end of today I'll send it to you; otherwise
> assume there won't be an update until final.

No need to apologize, IMHO the wallpaper is in good enough shape even
for beta! Still I'd like to see at least some of the improvements, that
were post-alpha, in for the final update.

Anyway, whenever there is an update ready, let me know and I'll push
it through the tubes, be either it for beta or final.

Cheers,
Martin

Old 09-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Elad

2011/9/6 Máirín Duffy <duffy@fedoraproject.org>

On Tue, 2011-09-06 at 12:26 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:

> It's almost done (the attribution is only a stub so far, it has only

> names or nicknames, not whole name + nick + contact), I was doing it

> half-off-line and forgot to fill in the missing bits before building...

> I will finish that together with beta wallpapers -- what's the progress

> on that front?

I'm sorry to say there may not be a beta wallpaper update. If I can have

something ready end of today I'll send it to you; otherwise assume there

won't be an update until final.

~m

I don't think that there is anything preventing us from updating the wallpaper after the beta freeze. It won't be on the beta CD if we do, but it would behave like any other software update, so we would be able to get a bit more feedback before final.

--
-Elad Alfassa.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Patrick Connelly

Here is the users' flicker page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elenclix/

And here is the direct link to the photo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elenclix/4393159618/in/photostream

--pcon

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Martin Sourada