Old 08-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Alexander Smirnov

Default Idea for F16 countdown banner

Hi team,

I have idea use two images (for even and odd days) for countdown banner [1].
First image (indoor) based on "iceberg wallpaper", second image (outdoor) based on Julio and Julia Verne characters by* gnokii.

[1] - http://inkscaper.fedorapeople.org/Fedora16/fedora16-countdown-banner-en-2.png

Thanks,
Alexander.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:22 PM
María Leandro

I love them!

--
tatica

Old 08-17-2011, 03:42 PM
"S.Kemter"

Am Montag, 15. August 2011, 13:46:11 schrieb Alexander Smirnov:
> Hi team,
>
> I have idea use two images (for even and odd days) for countdown banner
> [1]. First image (indoor) based on "iceberg wallpaper", second image
> (outdoor) based on Julio and Julia Verne characters by gnokii.
>
> [1] -
> http://inkscaper.fedorapeople.org/Fedora16/fedora16-countdown-banner-en-2.p
> ng

I think u make mizmo very happy, thats something she liked to have, an
integration of both work.

>From my side, can u put the hand of julia and the had of julio on top so that
they are in forground? Think that adds more life to the pic.

br gnokii

Old 08-17-2011, 03:48 PM
Máirín Duffy

On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 15:46 +0400, Alexander Smirnov wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> I have idea use two images (for even and odd days) for countdown
> banner [1].
> First image (indoor) based on "iceberg wallpaper", second image
> (outdoor) based on Julio and Julia Verne characters by gnokii.
>
> [1] -
> http://inkscaper.fedorapeople.org/Fedora16/fedora16-countdown-banner-en-2.png

I LOVE IT!!!!!!111

+shipit

~m

Old 08-18-2011, 07:04 PM
Máirín Duffy

Hi Alexander,

On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 15:46 +0400, Alexander Smirnov wrote:
> I have idea use two images (for even and odd days) for countdown
> banner [1].
> First image (indoor) based on "iceberg wallpaper", second image
> (outdoor) based on Julio and Julia Verne characters by gnokii.
>
> [1] -
> http://inkscaper.fedorapeople.org/Fedora16/fedora16-countdown-banner-en-2.png

It seems like we all agree to use this for our countdown banner for F16,
so I was wondering if you could upload it and the SVG source to

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F16_Artwork#Release_Banners

?

Absolutely fabulous work!

Thanks,
~m

Old 08-19-2011, 02:42 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 03:04:24PM -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 15:46 +0400, Alexander Smirnov wrote:
> > I have idea use two images (for even and odd days) for countdown
> > banner [1].
> > First image (indoor) based on "iceberg wallpaper", second image
> > (outdoor) based on Julio and Julia Verne characters by gnokii.
> >
> > [1] -
> > http://inkscaper.fedorapeople.org/Fedora16/fedora16-countdown-banner-en-2.png
>
> It seems like we all agree to use this for our countdown banner for F16,
> so I was wondering if you could upload it and the SVG source to
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F16_Artwork#Release_Banners
>
> ?
>
> Absolutely fabulous work!

I agree. I haven't had a chance to say much recently about the F16
artwork but I am just overjoyed with how nice it looks. This
countdown banner is totally adorable. For whatever reason, the people
in it remind me in a light-hearted way of characters in Alan Moore's
"League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" graphic novels. (It's just the
time period, I'm sure.)

Having said that, if someone put a little red scarf around the young
lady's neck I will owe that person a $BEVERAGE. :-)

Old 08-22-2011, 01:22 PM
Alexander Smirnov

Hi all

I uploaded base (english) source [1] and start create translating version.

[1] - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F16_Artwork#Release_Banners

Thanks,
Alexander.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:58 PM
Máirín Duffy

On Mon, 2011-08-22 at 17:22 +0400, Alexander Smirnov wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I uploaded base (english) source [1] and start create translating
> version.
>
> [1] - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F16_Artwork#Release_Banners

Fantastic! Looking great - thank you so much!

~m

Old 08-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Buddhika Kurera

nice combination of theme as well as ideas

2011/8/22 Máirín Duffy <duffy@fedoraproject.org>

On Mon, 2011-08-22 at 17:22 +0400, Alexander Smirnov wrote:

> Hi all

> I uploaded base (english) source [1] and start create translating

> version.

> [1] - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F16_Artwork#Release_Banners

Fantastic! Looking great - thank you so much!

~m

Regards,Buddhike Chandradeepa KureraFedora Ambassador Sri LankaEvent*Liaison*- Design Team