Old 08-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Suchakra

Default FUDCon India T-Shirt Design Idea #1

Here's my first take on a T-shirt idea [1]. I'm not quite happy with
the vectors though and will do something on the front side too later.
The source is at [2].

http://suchakra.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-designs/fudcon-india-tee.png
http://suchakra.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-designs/fudcon-india-tee.svg

Suchakra

Old 08-13-2011, 03:50 PM
"Onyeibo Oku"

Very nice

Would be wonderful to have some of the rear art (bottom) spill over to the font but very minimal. Just a thought. Sorry for the top post

Old 08-13-2011, 04:24 PM
Rahul Sundaram

On 08/13/2011 09:15 PM, Suchakra wrote:
> Here's my first take on a T-shirt idea [1]. I'm not quite happy with
> the vectors though and will do something on the front side too later.
> The source is at [2].
>
> http://suchakra.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-designs/fudcon-india-tee.png
> http://suchakra.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-designs/fudcon-india-tee.svg

The png and svg files are too small and svg seems to be a Boston one?
Maybe we can move the back image to the front instead?

Rahul

Old 08-14-2011, 02:32 AM
Buddhika Kurera

Hello,
My idea on the Tshirt design is as follows.
Tshirt will be worn to the event and as well as after the event it can be used in other fedora or any event.Therefore this is a good way to promote the fedora project through its brand.
Therefore promoting the brand is the ultimate goal of the tshirt plus promoting the FUDcon is another goal.
Adding fudcon logo represent the event was held on Pune and apac region further adding the city it give extra focus on Pune where the FUDcon was held.

Adding fedora logo promote fedora brand.
Rather than that the design should be simple so that every one can get it at a glance. adding city details at the bottom restrict the tshirt usage. We canot wear it folded into*trousers.(bear mind*this tshirt is not limited to the FUDcon after that this can be worn to other events as well.)*

Further it good to use every*familiar*thing to represent*India, like very*Indian*thing. Then at the first look they ll notice this is relate with*India.
Keep improving, we can select one then.

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 9:54 PM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid@gmail.com> wrote:

On 08/13/2011 09:15 PM, Suchakra wrote:

> Here's my first take on a T-shirt idea [1]. I'm not quite happy with

> the vectors though and will do something on the front side too later.

> The source is at [2].

> http://suchakra.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-designs/fudcon-india-tee.png

> http://suchakra.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-designs/fudcon-india-tee.svg

The png and svg files are too small and svg seems to be a Boston one?

Maybe we can move the back image to the front instead?

Rahul

Regards,Buddhike Chandradeepa KureraFedora Ambassador Sri LankaEvent*Liaison*- Design Team

Old 08-14-2011, 03:59 AM
Suchakra

> The png and svg files are too small and svg seems to be a Boston one?

Damn, thats true My mistake, will upload the right one

> Maybe we can move the back image to the front instead?

Ok I can try but the front thing will look too crowded. Lets see, how it looks.

Suchakra

Old 08-14-2011, 04:17 AM
Suchakra

> The png and svg files are too small and svg seems to be a Boston one?

The size of png has been increased and svg replaced with the actual one

Suchakra

Old 08-18-2011, 06:23 PM
Máirín Duffy

Hi folks,

On Sun, 2011-08-14 at 09:47 +0530, Suchakra wrote:
> > The png and svg files are too small and svg seems to be a Boston one?
>
> The size of png has been increased and svg replaced with the actual one

Suchakra, while graphically this design is fantastic, it's going to be
difficult to print if possible at all. The fine details in the
photograph aren't going to be something that comes out well with a
screen printing process. You might be able to do a cheaper heat-based /
iron-on process but the overall shirt quality will really suffer with
that technique and designs using that process fade off the shirt over
time.

My advice would be to perhaps work in the floral elemnt you introduced
to the poster maybe, since the lines are simpler and it would be
possible to screen print it. Or maybe work with a text-based design.

Hope this helps,

~m

Old 08-19-2011, 02:59 AM
Suchakra

> Suchakra, while graphically this design is fantastic, it's going to be
> difficult to print if possible at all. The fine details in the
> photograph aren't going to be something that comes out well with a
> screen printing process. You might be able to do a cheaper heat-based /
> iron-on process but the overall shirt quality will really suffer with
> that technique and designs using that process fade off the shirt over
> time.

Yeah its true. I think maybe reducing details in the vectorized
photographs may help.

> My advice would be to perhaps work in the floral elemnt you introduced
> to the poster maybe, since the lines are simpler and it would be
> possible to screen print it. Or maybe work with a text-based design.

I originally thought of that only so that we have some sort of
uniformity and an instant 'identifying element' to the event, but I
think there was a general consensus against floral/henna designs on a
tee during a f2f/irc meeting (i'll have to see some logs to verify
that)

Suchakra

Old 08-29-2011, 10:47 AM
"shreyankg@gmail.com"

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 9:15 PM, Suchakra <suchakra@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's my first take on a T-shirt idea [1]. I'm not quite happy with
> the vectors though and will do something on the front side too later.
> The source is at [2].
>
> http://suchakra.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-designs/fudcon-india-tee.png
> http://suchakra.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-designs/fudcon-india-tee.svg

Why are we not using the Pune Fudcon Logo [1] on the t-shirt?

[1] http://fudcon.fedoraproject.org/images/logo_pune.png

--
Peace and Love,
Shreyank Gupta