FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Design Team

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Máirín Duffy
 
Default Task up for grabs: need a volunteer to handle minor revisions to FUDcon Pune design

Hi,

Here is the latest FUDcon Pune poster:
http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/fudcon/pune%202011/poster_fudcon_india.png

I would like to find a volunteer to take charge on this and to do the
following with the design:

#1 Remove the rangoli patterns from the 4 corners of the design

#2 Lighten or remove the building design in the background so that the
text is more readable / contrasting with the background.

#3 Export it to PNG at 300 dpi and upload the PNG to
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Pune_2011_poster

#4 Save the new SVG and upload it to
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Pune_2011_poster

#5 Email this list with a pointer to your work at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Pune_2011_poster so we can (1)
double-check it and (2) ask Kushal for his feedback.

The source SVG you will need to complete this task is located here:
http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/fudcon/pune
2011/poster_fudcon_india.svg

You will need to install the following font to work with this design if
you haven't already (by Fedora package name):
aajohan-comfortaa-fonts (yum install aajohan-comfortaa-fonts)

Let me know (right here, on list) if you're up for taking this on,
~m

_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 
Old 08-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Máirín Duffy
 
Default Task up for grabs: need a volunteer to handle minor revisions to FUDcon Pune design

On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 10:58:40 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> I would like to find a volunteer to take charge on this and to do the
> following with the design:

[...]

> Let me know (right here, on list) if you're up for taking this on,
> ~m

Just as a quick reminder, if you are planning on taking on this task,
please let us all know so there isn't any duplication of efforts.

Thanks,
~m
_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 
Old 08-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Suchakra
 
Default Task up for grabs: need a volunteer to handle minor revisions to FUDcon Pune design

> Hi,
>
> Here is the latest FUDcon Pune poster:
> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/fudcon/pune%202011/poster_fudcon_india.png
>
> I would like to find a volunteer to take charge on this and to do the
> following with the design:
>
> #1 Remove the rangoli patterns from the 4 corners of the design
>
> #2 Lighten or remove the building design in the background so that the
> text is more readable / contrasting with the background.
>
> #3 Export it to PNG at 300 dpi and upload the PNG to
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Pune_2011_poster
>
> #4 Save the new SVG and upload it to
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Pune_2011_poster
>
> #5 Email this list with a pointer to your work at
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Pune_2011_poster so we can (1)
> double-check it and (2) ask Kushal for his feedback.
>
> The source SVG you will need to complete this task is located here:
> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/fudcon/pune
> 2011/poster_fudcon_india.svg
>
> You will need to install the following font to work with this design if
> you haven't already (by Fedora package name):
> aajohan-comfortaa-fonts *(yum install aajohan-comfortaa-fonts)
>
> Let me know (right here, on list) if you're up for taking this on,
> ~m
>

Hi, I am up for this task as I'm back again from a bout of illness.
Also here is my feedback for the discussion that has being going on
for designs related to FUDCon Pune.

* Henna design seems good on corners on poster (I'd remove it
nevertheless if everyone dislikes) but is not advisable on T-shirts.
Neither will a building look good on it.

* The T-shirt ideas need some more love. I'd like to have a slogan at
back with some simple design on front. I can create some mockups if
required.

* Mizmo's poster's seems perfect to me with most of the info present.
I'll make some changes to it, share and if OKed by all, run some test
prints here with a printer. I'd have loved the '0' in 2011 I did in
the past versions to be present somewhere. It's mean a lot to us as
its the 'spoked wheel' we have in our flag

I'm happy that the logo with henna crown is accepted and will
continue with banner designs from now on.

Suchakra
_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 
Old 08-05-2011, 05:18 AM
Suchakra
 
Default Task up for grabs: need a volunteer to handle minor revisions to FUDcon Pune design

Rahul gave some feedback on my suggestions too [1]. I'll continue to
do #3, #4 and #5 below on Mo's list if everyone is ok with [2].

Also, does a FUDCon needs to have only one 'official' poster design or
we can release more than one? I'd like one more to catch the local eye
here with more popular architectures here such as this one [3]

[1] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/india/2011-August/004770.html
[2] http://suchakra.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-designs/poster_fudcon_india_concept_NEW.png
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaniwar_Wada

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 4:14 PM, Suchakra <suchakra@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here is the latest FUDcon Pune poster:
>> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/fudcon/pune%202011/poster_fudcon_india.png
>>
>> I would like to find a volunteer to take charge on this and to do the
>> following with the design:
>>
>> #1 Remove the rangoli patterns from the 4 corners of the design
>>
>> #2 Lighten or remove the building design in the background so that the
>> text is more readable / contrasting with the background.
>>
>> #3 Export it to PNG at 300 dpi and upload the PNG to
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Pune_2011_poster
>>
>> #4 Save the new SVG and upload it to
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Pune_2011_poster
>>
>> #5 Email this list with a pointer to your work at
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Pune_2011_poster so we can (1)
>> double-check it and (2) ask Kushal for his feedback.
>>
>> The source SVG you will need to complete this task is located here:
>> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/fudcon/pune
>> 2011/poster_fudcon_india.svg
>>
>> You will need to install the following font to work with this design if
>> you haven't already (by Fedora package name):
>> aajohan-comfortaa-fonts *(yum install aajohan-comfortaa-fonts)
>>
>> Let me know (right here, on list) if you're up for taking this on,
>> ~m
>>
>
> Hi, I am up for this task as I'm back again from a bout of illness.
> Also here is my feedback for the discussion that has being going on
> for designs related to FUDCon Pune.
>
> * Henna design seems good on corners on poster (I'd remove it
> nevertheless if everyone dislikes) but is not advisable on T-shirts.
> Neither will a building look good on it.
>
> * The T-shirt ideas need some more love. I'd like to have a slogan at
> back with some simple design on front. I can create some mockups if
> required.
>
> * Mizmo's poster's seems perfect to me with most of the info present.
> I'll make some changes to it, share and if OKed by all, run some test
> prints here with a printer. I'd have loved the '0' in 2011 I did in
> the past versions to be present somewhere. It's mean a lot to us as
> its the 'spoked wheel' we have in our flag
>
> I'm happy that the logo with henna crown is accepted and will
> continue with banner designs from now on.
>
> Suchakra
>
_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 
Old 08-05-2011, 12:20 PM
María Leandro
 
Default Task up for grabs: need a volunteer to handle minor revisions to FUDcon Pune design

Hi Suchakra!

I like the wallpaper, but I'm not sure about the -O-pen (don't know what that circle means) I'm not completely happy with it, but you made the background and font-color work just perfect


About have several posters, I don't see why not; FUDcons (and communities) are open just to let creativity in all ways flow. Even so, I would remind that like we are talking about a single event, try to have at least a 40-60% of equality on arts (you don't want people to think that we're talking about several events)


Now, about arquitechture, I was trying to use the Shaniwar Wada to make a graphic like the one Milan has with the Piaza So I guess use local places would be a huge +1. Even so, try to remark even more photos of the event location; so people match event with a place.


See ya!!



--
tatica
Maria Gracia Leandro
http://www.tatica.org

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:tatica
LinuxUser= 440285* GPG Public Key: E1CDCC56

_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:36 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org