Old 01-06-2011, 07:45 AM
Jef van Schendel

Default Fedora RPG Mockup & critique request (was Fedora RPG Thumbnail sketches)

On Jan 6, 2011 5:54 AM, "Kirk Bridger" <kbridger@shaw.ca> wrote:

> I just have to say, that image annotation thing is absolutely cool! *Can

> we put an "Add Note" button at the top of the page too?

Yep, that's one of the changes I still want to make before I announce it more broadly. Thanks for noticing, because I nearly forgot about it.

>*Could we also

> increase the default size of the box for the annotation? *It's a little

> tough to resize and it currently is almost always too small to leave

> alone. *Or maybe introduce resizeable edges like the gimp's, with a

> larger drag target?

I'll see what I can do about this. I agree that the default box is a bit awkward to use.

Jef

Old 01-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Máirín Duffy

Hi Kirk!

On Wed, 2011-01-05 at 20:54 -0800, Kirk Bridger wrote:
> I just have to say, that image annotation thing is absolutely cool! Can
> we put an "Add Note" button at the top of the page too? Could we also
> increase the default size of the box for the annotation? It's a little
> tough to resize and it currently is almost always too small to leave
> alone. Or maybe introduce resizeable edges like the gimp's, with a
> larger drag target?
>
> Love using it, great idea to leverage it.
>
> I left a few comments, but don't have a lot of background on this
> initiative. Did you want feedback on the ideas presented, the design,
> or both?

Comments on *everything* would be awesome. The main idea is that we're
building a proposal to create an RPG out of Fedora, kind of taking
openhatch.org's functionality and making it more game-like. Goals
include making it easier to find useful tasks to complete to help
Fedora, rewarding the folks who do work for Fedora that might otherwise
go unrecognized, and having a system where new contributors can figure
out who's been around longer / is better able to help mentor them so the
'meritocracy' of the project is easier to understand without lurking on
mailing lists and IRC for weeks!

I saw your notes on the mockup and they are very helpful, thank you so
much! I added some responses

http://jefvanschendel.nl/ImageAnnotation/index.php?i=Fedora_RPG_Startpage_Mockup_1

~m

Old 01-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Onyeibo Oku

On 01/06/2011 03:39 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> much! I added some responses
>
> http://jefvanschendel.nl/ImageAnnotation/index.php?i=Fedora_RPG_Startpage_Mockup_1
>
> ~m

Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!
I like where this is going. I mean everything ... the page, the tool.
Sweet.

Oku, O