Old 01-04-2011, 10:30 PM
"Fabian A. Scherschel"

Default 04 January 2011 Meeting Minutes

There was a meeting today? Damn! I totally forgot about those. Must've missed the reminder email...
Sorry....Fab

2011/1/4 Máir*n Duffy <mairin@linuxgrrl.com>

Hey everybody!

Thanks for another great meeting! Here's the minutes:

Minutes:

http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-design/2011-01-04/fedora-design.2011-01-04-19.00.html

Minutes (text):

http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-design/2011-01-04/fedora-design.2011-01-04-19.00.txt

Log:

http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-design/2011-01-04/fedora-design.2011-01-04-19.00.log.html

I also posted them to our wiki page here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design#Latest_Meeting_Minutes

Mo Summary:

Topic: Fedora 15 supplemental wallpapers

• Our submissions page

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F15_Artwork_Supplemental_Wallpapers_Submissions

• We got some great new submissions from Susmit.

• Ivan submitted a Fedora logo wallpaper. We decided we cannot accept it

and let him know:

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/design-team/2011-January/003878.html

• We need some more submissions. Ian is going to advertise on Deviant

Art, and Mizmo posted to Twitter and Identica:

*• http://identi.ca/notice/61538327

*• http://twitter.com/#!/mairin/status/22369737770008576

• List of DeviantArt groups:

*• http://openartists.deviantart.com/

*• http://wepreferlinux.deviantart.com/

*• http://fossadvocates.deviantart.com/

*• http://inkscapers.deviantart.com/

*• http://linux-deviants.deviantart.com/

*• http://linux-users.deviantart.com/

*• http://gimp-artists.deviantart.com/

Topic: FUDcon Tempe T-shirt Design

==================================

• Emichan's latest design:

http://emichan.fedorapeople.org/FudconTempe/hohokam_tshirt.png

• Emichan is going to update the dates on the shirt design, then give it

to Robyn to give to the printers for an estimate.

Topic: Fedora RPG

=================

• Mizmo has been working on pencil sketches; she'll send her progress to

the list tonight

• Will be presented at FUDcon Tempe as a proposal

Topic: Fedora 15 default wallpaper

==================================

• We unanimously decided against having a vote.

• We don't actually have any proposals and the due date for proposals is

January 18th. Let's see what we have then. So far there hasn't been a

lot of work on creating a wallpaper design and there's been interest in

other projects (RPG, Anaconda UI, etc.)

Topic: FUDcon Tempe Booklet

===========================

• https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Tempe_2011_packet

• http://ianweller.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-tempe-booklet/

• Can everyone take a look and send Ian some feedback?

• One idea so far is to incorporate Emily's t-shirt motif in the booklet

design: http://emichan.fedorapeople.org/FudconTempe/hohokam_lg_logo.svg

Topic: Image Annotator

======================

• Running example, allows you to add flickr-style notes to images:

http://jefvanschendel.nl/ImageAnnotation/

• Emily's gitorious project for the code:

http://gitorious.org/remote-image-annotation

• Jef to file ticket with Fedora Infra team -

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ See Request for

Resources https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Request_For_Resources

Action items:

=============

OPEN

• ianweller to advertise supplemental wallpapers in the

linux-flossrelated deviant art groups (list is above in notes)

• Emichan to correct date on T-shirt mockup for Tempe and hand off to

Robyn for printers' estimate

• Schendje/Emichan to blog final t-shirt design for Tempe in Fedora

Design team blog

• everyone take a look at ianweller's Tempe booklet mockups and provide

feedback

CLOSED

• Mizmo emailed Ivan, who submitted the wallpaper, to let him know we

can't accept his submission

• Mizmo advertised supplemental wallpaper submissions

~m