-   -   Pandas and stuff (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-design-team/471318-pandas-stuff.html)

Paul Frields 01-02-2011 01:15 PM

Pandas and stuff

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 6:39 AM, Misha Shnurapet
<shnurapet@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Is this the new Fedora mascot?
>
> http://shnurapet.fedorapeople.org/pnd.png

Just a helpful graphic to personify the user on this page, AFAIK.
While the idea of having a mascot has been tossed around often, it's
never resolved to anyone's satisfaction. There are too many competing
ideas for what the mascot should be, and no clear way to decide which
is "best." Beyond that, it's never even been clear that we need a
mascot, so I fervently hope this thread will not become a renewed
debate about mascots. (In the meantime, I for one enjoy the frequent
panda-related posts from Design team members!) :-)

Paul

Nicu Buculei 01-03-2011 05:42 AM

Pandas and stuff

On 01/02/2011 04:15 PM, Paul Frields wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 6:39 AM, Misha Shnurapet wrote:
>>
>> Is this the new Fedora mascot?
>>
>> http://shnurapet.fedorapeople.org/pnd.png
>
> Just a helpful graphic to personify the user on this page, AFAIK.
> While the idea of having a mascot has been tossed around often, it's
> never resolved to anyone's satisfaction. There are too many competing
> ideas for what the mascot should be, and no clear way to decide which
> is "best." Beyond that, it's never even been clear that we need a
> mascot, so I fervently hope this thread will not become a renewed
> debate about mascots. (In the meantime, I for one enjoy the frequent
> panda-related posts from Design team members!) :-)

Or in very few words, is not our mascot but our fetish :D

Misha Shnurapet 01-03-2011 09:16 AM

Pandas and stuff

03.01.2011, 14:42, "Nicu Buculei" <nicu_fedora@nicubunu.ro>:
> Or in very few words, is not our mascot but our fetish :D

Holyeh smokesah!..

--
Best regards,
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Shnurapet

Máirín Duffy 01-06-2011 03:10 PM

Pandas and stuff

On Sun, 2011-01-02 at 09:15 -0500, Paul Frields wrote:
> Just a helpful graphic to personify the user on this page, AFAIK.
> While the idea of having a mascot has been tossed around often, it's
> never resolved to anyone's satisfaction. There are too many competing
> ideas for what the mascot should be, and no clear way to decide which
> is "best."

We love all our pets! Don't forget the Beefy Miracle!

http://wwoods.fedorapeople.org/hot-dog/

~m

"Paul W. Frields" 01-06-2011 08:49 PM

Pandas and stuff

On Thu, Jan 06, 2011 at 11:10:55AM -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-01-02 at 09:15 -0500, Paul Frields wrote:
> > Just a helpful graphic to personify the user on this page, AFAIK.
> > While the idea of having a mascot has been tossed around often, it's
> > never resolved to anyone's satisfaction. There are too many competing
> > ideas for what the mascot should be, and no clear way to decide which
> > is "best."
>
> We love all our pets! Don't forget the Beefy Miracle!
>
> http://wwoods.fedorapeople.org/hot-dog/

All hail our Meaty Overlord.

Misha Shnurapet 01-07-2011 01:27 PM

Pandas and stuff

07.01.2011, 00:10, "Máirín Duffy" <duffy@fedoraproject.org>:
> http://wwoods.fedorapeople.org/hot-dog/

I liked this one since the first time I saw it.