-   -   Hello, my name is ... Kirk Bridger (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-design-team/466877-hello-my-name-kirk-bridger.html)

Kirk Bridger 12-17-2010 03:43 PM

Hello, my name is ... Kirk Bridger

Hi everyone,

My name is Kirk, I'm looking to get more involved with the design
team.

My background is as a user experience professional and business
analyst.* I'm currently the UX Advocate for Liferea, and am looking
to contribute further to Fedora specifically.* I've migrated from
Ubuntu as their design direction doesn't really match my computer
use practices.

Which brings us to the current discussion about Gnome3 and the
background.* I don't really have any history with this team so I'll
continue to lurk on the discussion.

Looking forward to lending a hand in some manner!

Kirk

*

No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation
with detail.

Marion J. Levy

Emily Dirsh 12-18-2010 04:42 PM

On Fri, 2010-12-17 at 08:43 -0800, Kirk Bridger wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> My name is Kirk, I'm looking to get more involved with the design
> team.

Hi Kirk,

Welcome aboard! We're currently having a bit of a brouhaha over the
wallpaper for the upcoming Fedora 15 release, but normally we're a
friendly and fun bunch. :)

> My background is as a user experience professional and business
> analyst. I'm currently the UX Advocate for Liferea, and am looking to
> contribute further to Fedora specifically. I've migrated from Ubuntu
> as their design direction doesn't really match my computer use
> practices.

We're starting to focus more on enhancing ux in fedora, so that's
great!

> Looking forward to lending a hand in some manner!

If you haven't done so already, I'd recommend reading up on how to join
the design team on the fedora wiki [1], and looking over the design team
ticket tracker [2] to see if there are any open tickets you'd be
interested in claiming.

We also have weekly IRC meetings every Tuesday at 1900 UTC at
#fedora-design@freenode.net. You're welcome to start attending.
Actually, the meetings may be put on hiatus until after the new year, so
keep a lookout on the mailing list for a notice about an upcoming
meeting. If you don't see one, we're probably not having one.

Nice to meet you!
Emily

[1]-https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_Design_Team
[2]-https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/report/1/DesignService|