Old 12-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Máirín Duffy

Default GNOME as the default desktop (was Fedora Board Meeting Minutes - 2010-12-06)

Hi Jóhann,

On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 18:55 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guđmundsson" wrote:
> "19:20:09 <mizmo> nicubunu, i dont think so, the thing that is different
> now than what has happened before is that as part of my full-time job at
> red hat, i keep this team running
> 19:20:28 <mizmo> nicubunu, having the design team for Fedora is really
> important enough that i'm paid to make sure it's going"
>
> "I keep this team running" there's no I in team...

Have you contacted any member of the Fedora design team to ask them if
they read my statement in the logs as you are interpreting it here or if
any of them have taken any other issue with it?

Let's not assume there are problems where there are none, and be
productive about this, okay? Remember we're to be excellent to each
other - I think we all appreciate issues being raised where they exist
but the Fedora design team is a very friendly, welcoming, fun, and
respectful group of friends and we don't really fit the picture you are
painting here. I do not think they would agree with your take on this.

So maybe let's get back to the issue at hand? And open a new thread on
this if it is truly an issue worth raising? (Although honestly it's
likely better resolved within the design team itself.)

~m

Old 12-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Dave Crossland

+1

I support Mairin keeping the team running,the meetings & writeups are great for me as someone with a minor role here

Old 12-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Emily Dirsh

On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 15:32 -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hi Jóhann,
>
> On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 18:55 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guđmundsson" wrote:
> > "19:20:09 <mizmo> nicubunu, i dont think so, the thing that is different
> > now than what has happened before is that as part of my full-time job at
> > red hat, i keep this team running
> > 19:20:28 <mizmo> nicubunu, having the design team for Fedora is really
> > important enough that i'm paid to make sure it's going"
> >
> > "I keep this team running" there's no I in team...
>
> Have you contacted any member of the Fedora design team to ask them if
> they read my statement in the logs as you are interpreting it here or if
> any of them have taken any other issue with it?

Jóhann's email didn't make the list, so I don't know what else he said,
but I, for one, did not come away with that interpretation. I don't
think it's uncommon, or a bad thing, for teams to have *team leaders*.
And it's not a big secret that you are the design team leader. That
certainly can mean you have more influence on our team decision making,
but again, not necessarily a bad thing, and it doesn't negate the
importance of the anyone else's membership or input in the team.

> Let's not assume there are problems where there are none, and be
> productive about this, okay? Remember we're to be excellent to each
> other - I think we all appreciate issues being raised where they exist
> but the Fedora design team is a very friendly, welcoming, fun, and
> respectful group of friends and we don't really fit the picture you are
> painting here. I do not think they would agree with your take on this.

I agree with you here 100% - fun, welcoming, ninja-friendly, and now
available with pandas!