Old 12-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Máirín Duffy

Default Seeking feedback: Design team schedule for F15

On Thu, 2010-12-09 at 19:45 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-12-09 at 20:04 +0200, Catalin wrote:
> > Can tell us why is just 15 events on .ics file ?
> > I see more on site :
> > http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-15/f-15-design-tasks.html
> > Thank's
> It seems to be off with what we've approved approved:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F15_Artwork/Schedule
>
> which is adjusted with regards to f15 branching, pre-release freezes and
> our design team meetings. However the schedule I referenced is not meant
> to be exhaustive; it should contain all f15 design milestones, though.
> We could probably review it once more, but I'm more inclined to just
> adjust poelstra's schedule to what we already have in store.

Agreed.

~m

Old 12-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Máirín Duffy

On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 11:45 -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> One thing of note: There was recently discussion on the Fedora
> advisory-board mailing list regarding deadlines for artwork requests for
> other various things. Mo had suggested that "by the Alpha release"
> would be the date to have (Alpha public availability is March 1), but
> also noted that advertising that there is a deadline may put everyone in
> the business of being obligated to fulfill requests that may not have
> enough manpower to actually complete. I can go either way here - just
> let me know.
>
> Somewhat related to that -- right now, the Ambassadors' schedule has a
> date for coordinating Swag/Media/Artwork with the Design team by 04/04 -
> as in, submitting requests. If we want to move that date back, we can,
> and I can make sure that that item is cross-referenced over to the
> design team's schedule.

So the thing to keep in mind here is stuff we normally do vs stuff we
don't normally do.

The date for coordination with ambassadors is fine because they don't
typically ask for materials that we don't already have templates for /
haven't already done.

That is in contrast to an alpha date for extra requests - of a nature we
haven't done before. E.g., if there is a new type of download media
we're offering that needs some kind of new image format, or if someone
decides they want to have a huge wall sticker design to celebrate the
new release - it's really most helpful to know these things by Alpha so
we have time to do the almost-endless back & forth to understand the new
specifications / vendor and/or technology requirements and limitations /
etc. etc.

~m

Old 12-10-2010, 12:28 AM
Robyn Bergeron

On 12/09/2010 12:37 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-12-09 at 19:45 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:
>> On Thu, 2010-12-09 at 20:04 +0200, Catalin wrote:
>>> Can tell us why is just 15 events on .ics file ?
>>> I see more on site :
>>> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-15/f-15-design-tasks.html
>>> Thank's
>> It seems to be off with what we've approved approved:
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F15_Artwork/Schedule
>>
>> which is adjusted with regards to f15 branching, pre-release freezes and
>> our design team meetings. However the schedule I referenced is not meant
>> to be exhaustive; it should contain all f15 design milestones, though.
>> We could probably review it once more, but I'm more inclined to just
>> adjust poelstra's schedule to what we already have in store.
> Agreed.
>
> ~m

Alrighty. I'll go through and try to align that more, and then get back
with you good folks.

Thanks!

-Robyn