-   -   Anaconda looking for "disc1" folder when creating install tree from Centos 5.5 DVD (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-design-team/453674-anaconda-looking-disc1-folder-when-creating-install-tree-centos-5-5-dvd.html)

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace 11-17-2010 06:19 AM

Anaconda looking for "disc1" folder when creating install tree from Centos 5.5 DVD

Hi,

I'm trying to get Anaconda up and running via PXELinux.

The issue that I'm running in to is that Anaconda appears to be looking
for a folder ("disc1") that is not in my installation tree and trying to
download two files (product.img and updates.img) which are not located
anywhere on my filesystem.

To create the installation tree, I downloaded the Centos 5.5 DVD,
mounted it using "-o loop" and copied the content into the relevant
directory.

I assume that the rest of the install tree is correct as Anaconda is
able to start and to download minstg2.img from the tree.

The entries in the Anaconda log match those in the webserver log - it'[s
a simple 404.

Any help or pointers would be greatly welcomed,

Kind regards,

Matt

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace 11-17-2010 06:28 AM

On Wed, 2010-11-17 at 07:19 +0000, Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
> Any help or pointers would be greatly welcomed,

To answer my own post - about 30 seconds after posting that, I came
across an online-post which suggested running createrepo on the install
tree.

When I ran this, it told me that none of the RPMs were valid files.

I checked and sure enough, the RPMs on the DVD image that I downloaded
are all 0-byte files.

I'll re-download the DVD and try again.

Kind regards,

Matt

Chris Lumens 11-17-2010 01:08 PM

Anaconda looking for "disc1" folder when creating install tree from Centos 5.5 DVD

> The issue that I'm running in to is that Anaconda appears to be looking
> for a folder ("disc1") that is not in my installation tree and trying to
> download two files (product.img and updates.img) which are not located
> anywhere on my filesystem.
>
> To create the installation tree, I downloaded the Centos 5.5 DVD,
> mounted it using "-o loop" and copied the content into the relevant
> directory.
>
> I assume that the rest of the install tree is correct as Anaconda is
> able to start and to download minstg2.img from the tree.
>
> The entries in the Anaconda log match those in the webserver log - it'[s
> a simple 404.

Just so you have some context as to what's going wrong, the repo
metadata on the CD/DVD has special URLs that point into the images. The
repo metadata on network installs (and all other installs) do not. This
is the media://<some giant ID>#<disc num> stuff.

So yeah, running createrepo is the right thing to do.

- Chris