Old 10-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Ankur Sinha

Default Website redesign fixes

On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 14:47 +0200, Jef van Schendel wrote:
> That sounds fair, I'll discuss it on the channel and see what I can
> do.
>
> Jef

Thanks !
--
Thanks!
Regards,

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha

"FranciscoD"

Old 10-19-2010, 04:28 PM
"Onyeibo Oku"

http://stg.fedoraproject.org/en/join-fedora

Not bad.

For now, I find the pink colour most irritating. The Green was more
amenable. Maybe, Gray Colour will be okay .... just not pink
We have a missing Twitter logo and a strange colour gradient on the blue
t-shirt.

Good work, generally
--
Oku, Onyeibo
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Twohot

http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/quotes.html

Old 10-20-2010, 03:45 AM
Ankur Sinha

On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 14:47 +0200, Jef van Schendel wrote:
> That sounds fair, I'll discuss it on the channel and see what I can
> do.

Hello,

A few more things worth mentioning:

- Would the "download" be better off as "get fedora!!"?
- On the same page, "All download methods" should be changed to
something like "All methods to get fedora", since the linked page
mentions the other methods such as free media (which is not the same as
downloading)?

Old 10-20-2010, 04:57 AM
Máirín Duffy

Hi Ankur,

On Wed, 2010-10-20 at 09:15 +0530, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> A few more things worth mentioning:
>
> - Would the "download" be better off as "get fedora!!"?

I did a review of a lot (> 20) software websites when figuring out what
text we should use for the navbar. 'Download' was the term used
overwhelmingly so I think it might be a better term to use because it's
in common use on a lot of other sites, and it helps give folks brand-new
to the site a clue as to what Fedora is (with the verb 'get,' it could
be almost anything, but with 'download' you know it's software or some
digital content without reading much else on the page.)

> - On the same page, "All download methods" should be changed to
> something like "All methods to get fedora", since the linked page
> mentions the other methods such as free media (which is not the same as
> downloading)?

"More download options" is labeled as such because the link is directly
below the download button.

If you look a bit further down the page, we break it down further into
more methods of getting Fedora - upgrading, physical media, desktops,
spins. E.g. on the right you'll see:

Other Options:
Formats: DVD ISOs, Physical Media
Desktops: KDE, XFCE, GNOME, and others
Spins: Electronics Lab, Education, and others

So I'm not quite convinced that the link below the download button
should be changed. The strings are frozen right now, since the site is
actively under translation. Thanks for taking a look, though, and giving
your feedback, it is very much appreciated! Let us know if you catch
anything else.

~m