FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Design Team

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Ankur Sinha
 
Default Fedora design suite group in comps

Hello,

I was in the middle of creating a meta package for the
fedora-design-suite. This helps a user to easily install the
design-suite since the meta package pulls in the applications as
Requires:

In the process of creating this, I learnt that a better way of
implementing this would be the creation of a comps group for the design
suite. (Meta packages have certain demerits). Since the design-suite
spin also exists, the comps group would be a convenient thing to have.

I wanted to know what the design team thinks about this. I can take this
up as a task. It will need some discussion on the -devel list. If the
team's okay with this, I'll go ahead and start a thread.
--
Thanks!
Regards,
Ankur

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha

"FranciscoD"

_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 
Old 10-08-2010, 05:31 AM
Nicu Buculei
 
Default Fedora design suite group in comps

On 10/07/2010 08:01 PM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
>
> In the process of creating this, I learnt that a better way of
> implementing this would be the creation of a comps group for the design
> suite. (Meta packages have certain demerits). Since the design-suite
> spin also exists, the comps group would be a convenient thing to have.
>
> I wanted to know what the design team thinks about this. I can take this
> up as a task. It will need some discussion on the -devel list. If the
> team's okay with this, I'll go ahead and start a thread.

Yes, please create the comps group. Check with the spin maintainers for
the exact list of apps.

--
nicu :: http://nicubunu.ro :: http://nicubunu.blogspot.com/
_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 
Old 10-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Ankur Sinha
 
Default Fedora design suite group in comps

On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 08:31 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Yes, please create the comps group. Check with the spin maintainers
> for
> the exact list of apps.

I think this is it:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design_Suite_Planning#Included

The ones under the "graphics group"

--
Thanks!
Regards,
Ankur

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha

"FranciscoD"

_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 
Old 10-08-2010, 11:20 AM
Nicu Buculei
 
Default Fedora design suite group in comps

On 10/08/2010 02:11 PM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 08:31 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>> Yes, please create the comps group. Check with the spin maintainers
>> for
>> the exact list of apps.
>
> I think this is it:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design_Suite_Planning#Included
>
> The ones under the "graphics group"

That seems to not be updated (shotwell should be already in, a few other
packagers are not yet reviewed), there should be somewhere (Pierros?)
the kickstart we agreed on at FUDCon.

--
nicu :: http://nicubunu.ro :: http://nicubunu.blogspot.com/
_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 
Old 10-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Ankur Sinha
 
Default Fedora design suite group in comps

On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 14:20 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> That seems to not be updated (shotwell should be already in, a few
> other
> packagers are not yet reviewed), there should be somewhere (Pierros?)
> the kickstart we agreed on at FUDCon.
>
>
Hello,

I've mailed the -devel list regarding the group. Here's the first reply:

> Ankur Sinha (sanjay.ankur@gmail.com) said:
> > Since the design team is using a "design suite", would it be
> possible to
> > please create a group in comps for the purpose? It would make
> > installation of the design suite much easier for end users.
> >
> > The alternative is to create a meta package which isn't welcomed.
> >
> > This[1] is the tentative list of packages.
> >
> > [1]http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design_Suite_Planning#Included
>
> There appears to be a lot of overlap here with the graphics group
> (and some with other groups). Perhaps it's best to just expand
> that group into a more full-fledged design suite?
>
> Bill
>

It would be great if folks could follow the discussion on the -devel
list (or I could communicate the discussion here).

What does the design team say about the above response?
--
Thanks!
Regards,
Ankur

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha

"FranciscoD"

_______________________________________________
design-team mailing list
design-team@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:20 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org