Old 10-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Marc Stewart

Default #162: Design the cover for Fedora media to differ between architectures.

On Thu, 2010-10-07 at 10:48 -0400, Eric "Sparks" Christensen wrote:
> I had given my LUG some Fedora media which contained a mixture of 64-bit
> install DVDs, 32-bit install DVDs, and Live CDs. The covers look
> identical except for the small words explaining what the disk is. It
> would be better if this information was brighter, larger, and easier to
> read from a distance.

I had a similar thought about making the 32- and 64-bit versions more
distinguishable myself, but thought using a band of Fedora Blue for
32-bit, and Fedora Dark Blue for 64-bit (along with it written on the
cover) was the way to go.
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/design-team/2010-October/003408.html

Marc

Old 10-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Máirín Duffy

On Thu, 2010-10-07 at 16:10 +0100, Marc Stewart wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-10-07 at 10:48 -0400, Eric "Sparks" Christensen wrote:
> > I had given my LUG some Fedora media which contained a mixture of 64-bit
> > install DVDs, 32-bit install DVDs, and Live CDs. The covers look
> > identical except for the small words explaining what the disk is. It
> > would be better if this information was brighter, larger, and easier to
> > read from a distance.
>
> I had a similar thought about making the 32- and 64-bit versions more
> distinguishable myself, but thought using a band of Fedora Blue for
> 32-bit, and Fedora Dark Blue for 64-bit (along with it written on the
> cover) was the way to go.
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/design-team/2010-October/003408.html

Maybe a little circular logo in the upper right corner to say which it
is?

~m

Old 10-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Greg

2010/10/7 Máirín Duffy <duffy@fedoraproject.org>

On Thu, 2010-10-07 at 16:10 +0100, Marc Stewart wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-10-07 at 10:48 -0400, Eric "Sparks" Christensen wrote:

> > I had given my LUG some Fedora media which contained a mixture of 64-bit

> > install DVDs, 32-bit install DVDs, and Live CDs. *The covers look

> > identical except for the small words explaining what the disk is. *It

> > would be better if this information was brighter, larger, and easier to

> > read from a distance.

> I had a similar thought about making the 32- and 64-bit versions more

> distinguishable myself, but thought using a band of Fedora Blue for

> 32-bit, and Fedora Dark Blue for 64-bit (along with it written on the

> cover) was the way to go.

> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/design-team/2010-October/003408.html

Maybe a little circular logo in the upper right corner to say which it

is?

~m

Or how about a band across the top corner?*
--
Greg Bairgregbair@gmail.com